DStv Now is the home of DStv on the go! Watch live TV, DStv Catch Up and more.
Stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go.
The DStv Now app is your gateway to the best in entertainment anytime, anywhere.
The DStv Now app is available to all DStv customers for free.
- Access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to plan your viewing
- Set remote recordings for your Internet connected DStv Explora and never forget your favourite shows
- View your DStv account balance, statements and clear error codes on your decoder(s) (available in South Africa only).
As a DStv Premium, Extra, Compact Plus or Compact customer you can also enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now app.
- Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI
- Catch Up on a selection of the most popular shows, sport, and movies
- Download up to 25 videos on DStv Catch Up to enjoy offline later across 4 devices
- With DStv Kids use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies
* The Live TV and DStv Catch Up content on DStv Now will be as per the package you are on.
- Added player controls to skip the video forwards or backwards by 30 seconds
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I agree with the other reviews. App is not great. Is has great potential however. Too many poor streaming experiences to my apple tv. Lots of freezing and stuttering. Wish it worked better. Also, apple tv app is still missing which is a massive gap from a development point of view.
6 May review: After the update for the previous version i could for the first time since using the app airplay an entire episode without constant buffering / freezing etc. So step in right direction. However it was inconsistent. Sometimes it worked and other times i could not even airplay anything. Lets see what this latest version does.
11 May review: Yup. Back to the old days. Cannot airply to apple tv without constant freezing / stuttering / no sound etc. Cannot even watch properly on lowest quality setting on my phone. Showmax works perfectly, maybe learn from them?
A few basics they need to get right:
1. Give people the ability to remove something from their suggested lists. I don’t want to watch Isidingo or Masterchef, give the user the functionality to remove that from their suggestions and keep it off. If I change my mind, I can go find it.
2. Improve algorithms to match shows ‘You may be interested in’. So I watch action, now I may be interested in Masterchef. I watch sport, now I may be interested in Masterchef. I watch comedy, now I may be interested in Masterchef. You get the point? If what I watch has no bearing on what you show here, then just remove this whole section because it seems more that promoted shows are put there than what I actually watch.
3. Allow users to set the picture quality and subsequent download size based on connection. For WiFi connections, I want HD but for mobile connections I want a lower quality. The user has to manually change this if they so want to.
Generally, a lot of potential, definitely some easy improvements can be made which will make this an easy 4-5 Star app (from a functionality perspective).
Works perfectly well
For me it works well and I have been enjoying it without any issues, please introduce the fast forward in 30 second, I think that will help Incase your network breaks down and reconnect you can forward you live match to live not scoring 30 seconds back before the goal appears on your device, I love the app and am really enjoying it, thank to dstv now
- Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
- 60.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.