By Wide SD
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Subtitles theEditor" is the absolute subtitle synchronization, editing and translation tool. It uses an advanced synchronization algorithm for the best results. You can provide as many synch points as you want, but 2 are enough. Assign movie times to subtitles with a simple mouse click. Edit subtitles' start time and duration with GUI controls.
The auto translation tool helps you translate subs easily.
"Subtitles theEditor" supports srt and (currently text based) sub file format. You can create subtitle files from scratch, convert sub files to srt and vise versa. You can also change the FPS (frames per second) property of sub files in just few seconds. It support more than 20 encodings and languages (including Greek, Japanese, Hebrew, UTF-8, UTF-16, etc).
Movie navigation includes 4,1 sec backward, 4,1 sec forward, jump to next and previous subtitle, jump to any subtitle and more.
Lose no more time trying to re-synchronize your subtitles file. Just enjoy your movies!
- User friendly look and feel.
- All operations are easily accomplished with GUI controls.
- Easily add, remove or change subtitles.
- Re-fine times using GUI Controls - No typing required.
- Re-synch Subtitles in less than 2 minutes.
- Fix overlapping subtitles with a mouse click.
- Automatic translation.
- Convert subtitles files: srt to sub, and vise versa.
- Change the FPS (frames per second) instantly.
- Change the encoding.
- Subtitles time shifting (to beginning, to end) by an amount of time.
- Quick Search and "Find and Replace".
What's New in Version 1.14
- Improved User Interface.
- Video Drag and Drop support.
- More translation options.
- Read more damaged Subtitle files.
- Auto Video loading.
- Improved encoding auto-detection.
Just not user friendly at all. A waste of time and money.
At first it looked like a decent and simple software, but it is just not user friendly. It took me 5 minutes to figure out where to add the subtitles, the most important feature is almost invisible: You're supposed to click on "No Selection" to enter your text and it doesn't look like a text field. I had done most of the work adding subtitles to all the video, and I chose the encoding which deleted entirely my work. Most buttons don't mean a thing. Who ever made this app must review it's price for $0.99, and entirely rethink the user interface, and debug.
I could not manage to use it
The app look good but could not manage to use it. No help files, even the video tutorial on its website is for older version.
One more thing - which is importanat for me, it does not support windows-1256 encoding.
Why didn't I read the reviews!? This is a very confusing and glitchy app. Apple should give us a refund.