By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Featured in the App Store Best of 2014 AU+NZ! Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Now compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
This is a looper that'll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious.
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.4.12
- Bug fixes
So much fun!
If you are a musician then this app is probably the best app in the whole store! It's so fun to mess around with a bunch of layers of sound!
Totally worth the money!
There are a bunch of apps out there that are as expensive as this app or maybe even more expensive and about seven times out of ten they are complete ripoff apps that are a complete waste of money. This time, this is an app that is absolutely worth the money! For this app, I was really expecting to have to pay more than four dollars because of the copious amount of features put onto one little music app.
This app is very great for the people who absolutely crave musical creativity. Especially to people like me who have a keyboard, piano, drums, etc.. All you have to do to get started the right way is that you tap on the first circle to get the basic beat. It will then loop itself over and over again and you can add on to sounds by clicking on the other circles to record something else. Then you can combine together everything you recorded to pull together your masterpiece!
This app is great and every musician out there should have this especially if they have musical instruments of sorts. You can have a beat going while you put on the bass, the rhythm, and the main melody (get this) ALL BY YOURSELF or even with a partner if you want! As good as all this sounds however, you really need to practice a bunch in order for your song to be perfect. You will have to know how to make the beat consistent every time it loops. This really is not too difficult to master once you get used to all the mechanics and tricks. I will most likely be using my keyboard to make some pretty amazing songs to share with my friends! I am very happy now that I have an app like this now on my iPad mini 1. So far, I do not have any bug issues but if I do later on, I will let you know about it.
I actually do have one issue with modifying the tempo. I go to record a loop and I listen to the loop but I feel like it should be faster or slower tempo. So I go to change tempo and then listen to the loop again at the modified tempo. However there are a lot of ripples in the sound that sound very ugly and there is nothing I can do about it. I then have to start all over again. I would appreciate it if you tried to see if you guys can fix this issue. If you are not able to, that's fine. I will still continue to pursue my musical ability with this very easy to use app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 1.4.12
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2015 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.