Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS Cycling Computer & Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
4.5+ Rating, TechCrunch, Mashable, NYTimes and others are raving about Runtastic... Find out why & download Runtastic Road Bike PRO today!
Track your bicycle rides, races & training workouts with your iPhone turned cycling computer and trainer! The Runtastic Road Bike PRO app is your ideal biking companion with over 50 incredible features and user benefits!
TOP APP FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- GPS Tracking & History: Cycling performance data – time, distance, speed, elevation, calories
- LIVE Tracking: Track your velo route in real time to share ride with best friends
- Voice Coach: Announces workout stats & motivational messages, available in numerous languages
- Route Search: Ride thousands of bicycle routes, search available in-app & on Runtastic.com
- Music: Create a music playlist for your tour & activate your best Power Song for extra motivation
- Dashboard Configuration: Displays all preferred biking statistics = your personalized trainer
- Mapping (Google maps): Detailed live map feature and historic mapping
- Open Street Map Integration & Offline Maps Available: Download int’l maps for overseas biking, like the Tour de France
- Colored Traces: Track biking pace, speed, grade, elevation & heart rate
- Current rate of climb, followed by detailed post-tour data on time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Automatic pause detection during your ride or interval training
- Weather & wind data
- Cadence measurement with the Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Users are encouraged to save all workout, interval & race activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bicycle activities & accomplishments on Facebook, Google+, Twitter & via E-mail
COMPATIBLE VELO HARDWARE
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone + accessories
- Runtastic Sports Armband + accessories
- Various Runtastic heart rate monitors
This highly-rated app is 100% velo focused to give the rider the ultimate performance measurement tool for every ride - from an afternoon in the park with the kids to a stage of the Tour De France! You can now enjoy and analyze your rides in a completely new way.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Thank you for your valuable suggestions. We take your feedback seriously and have great features for you once again!
New in this version:
- Optimized for the new iOS 7
New in previous major update:
- Connect your Pebble Watch: Control the app with the Pebble E-Paper Smartwatch - see duration, distance & pace of your session directly on your wrist
- Sharing via Twitter working smoothly again
- Minor bug fixes
Have fun with the new version of the app! We look forward to your review in the App Store!
Doesn't work reliably
I have relied heavily on this app to track my rides. But its use is limited.
1. It drains the battery quickly, so even with a backup, it can't be used more than about 75-80 miles.
2. It isn't reliable. At first I thought my Bluetooth sensor was the problem, but even relying on GPS, the map of my ride and speed estimates are all over the place. I am lucky if it tracks a ride at all, much less more than five minutes of it. This is awful because I rely on this data for training.
3. The app worked great when I first started using it, but after 6 months and various updates, performance has diminished severely. When it works, I love the features, the tracking, the web access, all of it. But it needs to work for that.
For reference, I'm using an iPhone 4S and Bluetooth cadence/speed sensor from Wahoo.
Downloading tcx/gpx files is difficult
I ride with a group that frequently follows a route created by one of the members. I need to be able to download the gps file (tcx/gpx) to my iPhone to be able follow the planned route. Runtastic Pro will do this, but only after a series of steps. It took four e-mails from Runtastic support to explain the whole process so I could get it done. The route must first be imported and saved on Runtastic's Web site before it can be made available to the app on your phone. I've used another app called Co-Rider which makes this whole process much simpler. Also, Runtastic's app will not display in landscape mode on the phone - a significant problem. I expected much more from an app that costs $5.
Great Bicycle App
This one Has it all! Compatible with both the Polar HR7 and the Wahoo Cadence sensor! And on top of that it gives you the weather during your ride that can be stored in your history file, and the mile announcements (or any announcement that you set it to) it comes right thru on your Bluetooth headphones as well as the music that you may be listening to. I will always use this app for cycling. Another great thing to have is a mount for your bike so you can keep your smartphone right on your stem or handlebar!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 17, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.