By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome back to Rapture. Paradise reborn.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Deep within the ruined undersea city of Rapture, your beloved Little Sister, Eleanor, awaits your return. As her Big Daddy, you protected her from a world of insanely selfish adults, now you must shield her again from those who demand that everything must be shared.
Ten years after the events of BioShock, Rapture has fallen under the control of a collectivist cult who plan to transform Eleanor into a genetically-engineered messiah, who will put an end to individuality forever. To save her, you must deploy a unique combination of shooting, role-play and stealth as you rampage through Rapture’s leaking halls to confront her captors.
Whether you choose to forgive those who threaten Eleanor or wreak vengeance upon them, remember, she is always watching and will follow your example.
• Embark on an intense journey through one of the most disturbing fictional worlds ever created in this hauntingly imaginative sequel to BioShock.
• Become the Big Daddy and unleash the raw power of Rapture’s most feared inhabitant against deadly new enemies such as Brute Splicers and the vengeful Big Sisters.
• Dual wield your abilities: fire powerful weapons with your right hand while deploying gene-altering plasmids with your left.
• Choose whether to adopt Little Sisters and protect them from splicers, or harvest them for the genetic material they carry.
• Explore the sea bed as a Big Daddy and view Rapture’s breathtaking architecture from the outside.
• Engage in all-out civil war online! BioShock 2 contains a completely separate multiplayer game set during the Fall of Rapture.
Important information regarding BioShock 2:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Supports over 35 different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• You can find out more about the game on the BioShock 2 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bioshock2
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 10GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
Another GREAT Port by Feral
When I first purchased BioShock last year, I was concerned as to how the port was handled by Feral Interactive. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was flawless and ran perfectly on the highest settings on my 13" MacBook Pro. Seeing BioShock 2, I expected the same great job by Feral, and was completely satisfied.
BioShock 2 is a game unlike any other (other than BioShock, of course. The plot is complex and keeps you interested till the very end. The music is very appropriate and the visuals left me breathless. Overall, a magnificient game that leaves you thinking, if nothing else, and it is this quality which makes the franchise so unique.
The only glitch that I have observed is that the plasmid, 'Natural Camouflage', does not work properly. Once obtained and equipped, it did not work at all up and until I progressed to the next level. This can be quite irritating for some (including me), who used this plasmid in the first game to great effect. I have greatly perused through online forums and it seems like there was no patch for the PC and console versions. I appeal to any players who face the same problems to contact Feral and ask for a patch (as I am).
Good and bad
The game uses very little graphics effects and hence can even be played on a older Macbook Pro.
The artistry is good.
The game is simpler to play then most FPS.
Keyboar bug. WASD movement keys get stuck.
The multiplayer ability has been disabled.
Single player is very boring.
Over priced for a old game with no multiplayer.
Ran game on single player at 1366x768 on the highest settings.
Smooth, no noticable lag.
2010 Macbook Air
4GB RAM, Nvidia 320M (256MB)
1.6 GHZ Core 2 DUO
Went ahead and tested it on a Macbook Air 2011 with Intel HD graphics (4GB RAM).
Performance was much worse then the older 2010 Macbook Air with nVidia.
Even on lower resolution (720p), the Intel HD GPU had issues.
All settigs for both tests were set on max except the resolution.
It seems the game relies more on GPU then CPU. Even with the more powerful i7 procesor on the 2011 MBA, performance was worse.
Pauses and laggy graphics on the Intel HD.
If you like this game, get the Windows version.
This way you get better performance and multiplayer.
Not recommended for people with Intel HD graphics.
This is the best overall game I have played on any system (mac, 360, or pc) graphics wise and one of my top games story wise as well. It plays excellently on the next to highest graphics settings on my mid 2010 regular Macbook (highest setting work most of the time, but can lag). Besides the awesome graphics (and yes the next to highest setting still looks better than an xbox game) the way the story is written the game has a high replay value, because after you beat it you will want to see all of the possible outcomes. While I do like the story of the first game better, playing from the point of view of a big daddy is almost as enjoyable. I am about to buy the original bioshock to play again with these awesome graphics on mac and I can't wait for the release of bioshock infinite on mac this summer...
Graphics - 10/10
Story - 9/10
Audio - 9/10
Replay value - 10/10
Overall - 9.5/10
- Category: Games
- Released: Mar 29, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 8.42 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2002-2011 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K China and Digital Extremes. BioShock, 2K Games, 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K China, the 2K Games logo, the 2K Marin logo, the 2K Australia logo, the 2K China logo and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Digital Extremes and its logo are trademarks of Digital Extremes. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2011, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. BioShock 2 uses Havok®, Copyright 1999-2011 Havok.com, Inc. (and its Licensors). All Rights Reserved. See www.havok.com for details. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.2 or later