Miko - Mom Wake Up and Play
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Miko is wide awake and ready to play, but Mom wants to sleep longer. What can Miko do until her alarm rings? Everything that Miko tries to read, play, or eat is one of Mom's favorite things too! He doesn't want her to miss out, so what can he do to save them for her, and pass the time until she's ready to join him? This adorable series delightfully captures the ups and downs of childhood, and will be a favorite in every young one’s collection.
Miko "Mom, Wake Up and Play" from Auryn, is the app based on Brigitte Weninger, Stephanie Roehe’s book by the same name, illustrated by Stephanie Roehe. It is the first of the famous Miko series.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Learn about various activities for children as they wait for their mother to wake-up/find time after their chores
-Teach about the concept of clock, time and alarm.
-Teach your toddler to discover his own ways of passing time
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“What is your favorite hobby/pastime. What do you love the most about it?”
-“Name as the games and activities Miko engages in before the clock rings”
-“Miko pulled out his toys so he could play. Can you tell me what colors the toys were?”
-“Miko cut out papers and pulled out ribbons to surprise his mom with a giftwrapped clock. Can you make me something with paper and ribbons too?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder: When a picture on the screen is touched, the associated word is displayed and the word is spoken.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.6
Fixes and Updates
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 20, 2014
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © 2011 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.