By Cowly Owl Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Makego turns your iPhone / iPod Touch into a toy vehicle.
It encourages fun, open ended collaborative play between parent and child. Combining creativity and imagination with the virtual world on screen.
Select your vehicle within Makego, then interact with the drivers and their world through animations and sound. This release has 3 vehicles to play with: a race car, ice-cream truck, and river boat. More vehicles are coming soon.
- Motion activated engine noises & turbo boost selector
- Change the car’s paint colour
- Working speedometer and petrol gauge
- Refuel the petrol tank when you’ve raced it dry
- Serve the correct ice-creams to customers
- Collect the money and put it in the till
- Toggle the musical jingle to tell everyone you’ve arrived
- Start and stop the engine for a leisurely trip along the waterways
- Feed bread to the hungry ducks along the way
- Sprung a leak?! Fix holes in the boat using a hammer from your toolbox
WHO MADE THIS?
Created by Cowly Owl
** PLEASE NOTE **
Requires iOS 4.3 or above
What's New in Version 1.02
New vehicle, Santa Claus. Just in time for Christmas!
Some assembly required
The beauty of this app is that it was not meant to be stand alone entertainment. There are several videos online showing you how to support a child's creativity and engineering skills by building the vehicle that will house your device as the app runs. It is short lived by itself but used the correct way, the extensions beyond the device are worth hours of educational play. If you're looking for something to keep your kid quiet this is not it. If you want them to learn how to use technology as a tool this is perfect. As an educator, this is the best format to integrate technology with hands on design and building, think outside the device, go green and use recycled materials to build your vehicle...possibilities are great!!