Goodbudget is a personal finance app for budget planning and money management. Share a budget with sync across multiple phones (and the web!).
MANAGE MONEY WITH PEOPLE YOU LOVE
Goodbudget is perfect for sharing a budget with a spouse, family member, or friend. Sync across multiple devices including iPhones, other smartphones, and the web.
* Transactions synced with the cloud and accessible from other devices, including Goodbudget's web app!
* Stay on the same page about finances with those close to you
* Your data is automatically and securely backed up to Goodbudget's website
* Download transactions to CSV (on website)
Goodbudget helps you make sense of your budgeting and spending with in-app reports.
* Know how to modify your budget after analyzing reports
* Spending by envelope report (cool-looking pie chart!)
* Income vs spending report
* Even more reports on the web
A PROVEN SYSTEM
Goodbudget is based on the envelope budgeting method. But with no physical envelopes...only virtual envelopes!
* Check envelopes balances (aka how much you have left to spend) while you're on-the-go
* Expense tracking optimized for speed
* Proven cash envelope budgeting method
* Track your bank balances in addition to envelope balances
* Live within your means
* Schedule transactions and automatic envelope fills
Ad-free, Free Forever version includes 10 regular envelopes & 10 annual envelopes. Use envelope budgeting to plan your spending, not just track it!
SUBSCRIBERS GET MORE FEATURES!
* Unlimited regular envelopes
* Unlimited annual envelopes
* Sync up to 5 devices
* 5 years of transaction history
* Personal and friendly email support
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
If you're looking to track where your money goes, plan your spending, or create a budget that works, try us out!
Goodbudget: Budget well. Live life. Do Good.
Features, bugs? Please email us at email@example.com! We're happy to help!
** Leading personal finance app downloaded over 2,000,000 times AND previously featured by Apple, The New York Times, Forbes, CNET, LifeTime TV, The Boston Globe, and Lifehacker **
- iPhone X compatibility
- Force Touch to Add Transaction
- Bug fix: crashing on Transactions tab if you don't have any posted transactions
Ratings and Reviews
Be in charge of your balance sheet.
Has saved me thousands; but it’s time to step up the technology!
I have used Goodbudget for 3 years now, and it has absolutely changed my life. Even as a single-person household working in human services, Goodbudget helped me save a down payment for a house, which I bought 18 months after I began using the program. Today, Goodbudget helps make paying all the monthly bills possible and still have money for 401k and for whatever fun goals I set, such as saving up for an overseas vacation or a new car.
My parents began using Goodbudget a year ago, and they have also saved thousands within the course of a year. I can’t recommend this program enough.
That being said, it’s high time that the IT department stepped up its game. The app hasn’t been optimized for iPhone X, envelopes cannot be fully customized on the app, etc. If I’m going to keep recommending the app to all my friends, I hope they will step up their game and make the app something to be really proud of. (I don’t like recommending a program and then apologizing to my friends because the app is lacking in areas). Also, pricing could be reduced to attract more newcomers, in combination with starting a referral program so we could be rewarded for bringing Goodbudget brand new long term paying customers.
Great for first time budgeters, could use some improvement.
Easiest user interface I've seen among envelope budgeting apps that cover basic needs in budgeting, and it's nice that they don't put a time limit on the free version while you're first getting your finances under control (though the paid version is definitely worth the unlimited envelopes!). Mobile version is clean and functional. Reports are decent too, though some other apps allow you to get more detailed analysis.
Reason for only 4 stars is that they're are a few random annoying glitches, most notably that if you edit am existing budget, you can NOT see what your total budget is adding to as you edit, so I have to budget in a spreadsheet first then copy it all manually into the app to ensure I'm not budgeting myself into a deficit. It would also be nice if they added the ability to link directly to accounts like mint does in case I miss a transaction, though there are pros and cons to enabling people to be less hands-on in their budgeting.
- Dayspring Technologies, Inc.
- 12.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-present Dayspring Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plus Plan $5.99
- 3 Months of Plus Plan $17.99
- 6 Months of Plus Plan $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.