By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.3.5
* stability improvements
* updated AudioCopy library
* updated AudioShare SDK
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.
This is an absolutely superb synth, with incredible flexibility, wonderful presets, and fantastic tones. And it's so much more than a synth; it's a versatile sound manipulator and recorder. One of my absolute very favorite apps in the whole store. The design of the keys alone is revolutionary. With frequent updates and a built-in manual. Buy it at any reasonable price. Then buy the Minimoog, Devine, and Monster Moog expansions.
Only downside: the smaller knobs are still funky. Korg does that better.
Magic app. Highest rating
This wonderful applications turns your ordinary iPad into a bona fide Moog Synthesizer. Sometimes, with the iPad's touchscreen, the Moog's knobs can be a little tricky tweaking.
The most amazing instrument ever created.
I was 6 years old in 1969 in a grade school music class where our teacher showed a movie about electronic music and synthesizers. I was hooked right then and there. I didn't know who Robert Moog (rhymes with vogue he would say) was at the time but years later when I saw him again on television I remembered him. I love electronic musical instruments and have owned a number of them over the years but I have to say that the Animoog is by far the most fantastic, the strangest, the most flexible, the most creative I have ever played. I first downloaded a couple of years ago on my iPad 3 and then again this year on my iPad Pro. If you have an iPad Pro and you like to mess around with instrument apps you need to spend the money to get this because it is the wildest instrument you will ever play. First, the keyboard is not a typical keyboard. It is based on a type of capacitance switch that was used on the original Buchla synth back in the 1960's (See the documentary I Dream of Wires for more info on Buchla). The keys allow you to change the sound as you stroke them with your finger from top to bottom. Depending on the patch you are playing, your finger position may change the modulation, the volume, the resonance, or any number of things. And as long as you keep your finger on the screen after touching the key you can even move your finger all over the screen to get even wilder sounds. The interface is truly multitouch because you can twiddle the virtual controls while playing. An the sound coming out of my iPad Pro is outstanding for casual playing. But you will want to hook it up to a keyboard amp for real punch! But be careful, this synth can generate some tones that can cause earthquakes and blow out speakers if turned up too high. But that's the way it is with every other good synth. I will also strongly recommend downloading all of the in-app purchasable patches because even though you could spend days tweeting your own sounds, the professional sounds for sale will give you inspiration. This app is not a toy. It is a musical instrument in its own class. Does it take away my desire to have a room full of hardware and wires? No. But it does help to take the sting out of the fact that I won't ever be able to have that. This is by far the greatest virtual instrument I have ever played and deserves a life outside of iPad if for some reason the iPad should ever disappear. It is my hope that MOOG will keep building on this app and porting it to new devices as our technology evolves because I would hate to see it disappear. BUY IT! If you love things that spur your creativity. And especially if you want to find "that sound" you have been looking for.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 11, 2016
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- BASE PackFree
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99