Snap2PDF - Scan Documents & Share Searchable PDF
By Penpower Technology Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* The Best Document Management App *
• Snap2PDF secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Business category, in many countries.
• Lets users capture and share all documents in PDF format.
• Option to backup important data on the Cloud.
• Now Snap2PDF also recognizes the text from images and the text can be copied and pasted to SMS, Email, and Clipboard with ease!
* Works great now in the new iPad as well *
* Customers’ Reviews *
Perfect app - Snap2PDF is simply the best iPhone app to create PDF files instantly. Now I can easily manage all my documents. Image recognition works well. I have tried using it with documents in multiple languages and the results are accurate. Like it! (May 7, 2012 by TeamIrish)
Superb app - This app does exactly what it says on the tin and makes it so easy to scan documents. (Apr 19, 2012 by phj140256)
Snap2PDF: Capture PDFs straight from your iPhone camera ( Chris Maddern – iPhone App Cafe)
* App Overview *
Here's some good news for all you professionals. If you've been struggling to manage the unwieldy stash of documents piled on your desk, you can now pack your collection away and heave a sigh of relief. Snap2PDF is the most elegant and convenient way to carry important data and documents around, wherever you go. It also helps you read documents in foreign languages more easily, just tap a word or a full sentence to find full translation. Take a snap of the document and there you are! It has been saved as a searchable PDF file which is ready for use.
* Demo Movie *
* App Details *
- Speedy data transfer to searchable PDF files
• Snap2PDF has an image enhancing function that provides additional clarity and eliminates data recognition issues.
• Scanning multi-page documents can now be done continuously, with no waiting whatsoever.
• Snap2PDF recognizes text in multi-languages that include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Convenient file management
• You can now efficiently manage your documents by creating categories and grouping them accordingly. Details such as the document name, description, category, keyword etc., can be added and also edited whenever needed.
• You can search for scanned PDF files by keywords, document name, description and OCR text.
• This app does the job of organizing your whiteboards, receipts, business cards, magazine articles, posters, print outs, coupons and newspaper clippings.
- Instant translation of multiple languages
• Both single word and full sentences, the app can translate multiple languages instantly after recognition.
• Translate amongst 21 languages, ranging from English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Slovak and Romanian.
- Smart document sharing & backup
• Quick sharing of documents through email or Cloud storage, such as Dropbox.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
- Compatible with iOS 8
- Improved performance
Confusing, chaotic crap
Sounds great in the App Store description. Try using it and you will quickly move on to another app that is more clear and descriptive. This app is a confusing screen of icons that make no sense. OK, I can snap or open a jpg from the camera, but then what? No fine rotation tool (like the excellent edit function in the camera roll), no clear and easy button for make pdf. What is seems to do is to just make a new jpg - arrrgghh. I’m still trying to sort this out. Made a jpg, check. Open jpg, check. Now what? I have two 90 degree buttons, a photo tool button, and an OCR button. None of these actually produce a PDF. How is this actually done????
Drop this and move on - there are plenty of other $3-$5 apps that do this better. All I wanted to do was to take a photo and make it a PDF. Still impossible right now.
Oh, and I HATE icons that have no clear meaning!!
One minor thing...
The new update works fine, with the exception of the gamma correction function. Since the latest update, once you've pressed "done", the preview doesn't close out to the corrected image, you have to press "done" to save the correction, and then "cancel" to close out.
It may not seem like a big issue, until you have a large number of pages to gamma correct all at once.
Works for searchable PDFs
Works great as a searchable pdf generator. This is great for scanning in text. I only wish it was better at scanning in data like numbers in tables and could turn them into a spreadsheet (like excel). Also it would be nice to have one drive or other cloud service integration.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 08, 2014
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Penpower Inc.
- © 2011 Penpower Technology Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.