By Aeronux Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most comprehensive and cost effective 2012 FAR/AIM available (2200+ pages)
PRO Pilot has built a reputation for providing the aviation community with the most accurate and reliable and advanced aviation app including FAR/AIM app products available. The 2012 FAR/AIM book continues this tradition, containing complete and up-to-date information from Titles 14 and 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 and 49 CFR) pertinent to General Aviation, Sport Pilots and Flight Instructors, combined with the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), and a free email subscription service for you to receive updated information as it is released by the FAA.
This iPhone/iPad app includes:
•Parts 1, 43, 61, 67, 71, 73, 91, 97, 103, 105, 119, 135, 136, 137, 141, 142, NTSB 830, TSA 1552 and the complete Aeronautical Information Manual. Sport Pilot and Transportation
•Security Administration (TSA) rules included.
•NASA Aviation Safety Reporting Form
•The most complete and up-to-date information available, with PRO Pilot's promise to keep readers current via timely and free online Updates.
• FREE subscription email Update service keeps readers up-to-speed on regulation changes via email throughout the 1-year book life cycle, as the changes are released.
• Unabridged FAR Parts from Titles 14 and 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations
• Changes and updates since last edition clearly marked
• User-friendly combined FAR and AIM index with more terms than ever before!
• Designed specifically for iPhone, iPad, and iPod with High Definition ZOOM and OFFLINE viewing functionality
• You can print any or all the pages
• More than 2200 pages
• Advanced Multimedia
• Advanced Table of Contents (TOC) High Definition ZOOM and OFFLINE viewing functionality
• You can receive a authenticate certificate of completion that you can print and use it toward your ground school work or display proudly (In order to receive the certificate you must check all the TOC items and then proceed to the certificate section).
The cost of this application is subsidized substantially in order to become affordable for Pilots, aviators, Mechanics, practioners and students. (compare to $25). For your convenience, there are no restrictions on copying and pasting for your own personal use. In response to our customers’ requests, we have added ZOOM and OFFLINE viewing capability and will continue to update all other current and future PRO PILOT applications so as to meet this standard. This application is tested and optimized to work with all versions of iOS including new features of iOS 5.0.
No search function. Annoying sound when you turn the page and you can't turn the sound off. Yes you can print over "air print" but be careful. It doesn't automatically print the page you are looking at. You have go back into the print window and spin the "from - to " wheels to the page you want. Not obvious from the documentation. If you don't it will start printing the entire document, all 2,200 plus pages. Then just try to cancel the print. When I did it locked up my printer. I had to uninstall the APP and then reset my printer to get the print job out of the print queue. Fortunately the APP was cheap so when I didn't reinstall it I was only out $8.
Your experience might be different. This was mine.
No search function
I could not believe that there is no search function! There also are limited settings. It makes a very annoying noise when flipping pages, and has a awkward interface for selecting what Part of the FAR/AIM you want to view. Really disappointed! Everything but the slick graphics is a fail. I don't k is why everyone has given it five stars. There's even a stupid "The I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help you" video included to make you sympathetic to all the FAA beaurocrats.
I will definately not purchase from this app developer again.
Great app, priced well
This was perfect for what I needed. Did not want to spend 20something dollars on a simple manual. I just need something I can reference quickly on my phone from time to time and this is it!
- Category: Reference
- Released: Nov 01, 2011
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Aeronux Corporation
- © 2012 Aeronux Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.