AirPics: stream photo albums from your Mac over Wi-Fi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stream your iPhoto and Aperture libraries to your iPad over Wi-Fi!
• "… it does 'just work' … It is all very simple, and does what it is advertised to do very well." -148apps.com
• "Very interesting home network sharing app and so simple to use." -TheTechJournal.com
The first dedicated iPhoto streaming app to give you the familiar experience of flicking through your photo albums on the sofa just got better!
This nifty iPad app now lets you stream your iPhoto and Aperture albums, smart albums and events from your Mac over your home Wi-Fi network. AirPics supports multiple libraries and lets you see your folder structure for easy navigation.
And sharing those must-see pics just got easier: email or tweet your favourite pic! Want to use it as your wallpaper? No problem, save a copy to your iPad.
★ Stream your iPhoto and Aperture albums, smart albums and events over your home Wi-Fi network.
★ Supports multiple libraries.
★ See your library's folder structure.
★ Slick interface with smooth photo browsing.
★ Glide through your photos using the grid view.
★ Fully supports portrait and landscape orientations.
★ Use the scrub bar to quickly move around your albums.
★ Shows captions.
★ Pinch to zoom.
★ Save photos to your iPad.
★ Email your favourite pics.
★ Tweet your photos.
AirPics relies on a free server app running on your Mac, which optimises your photos for iPad browsing.
Download your copy of AirPics Server at http://airpics.yellowbek.com
• Your Mac and iPad must be on the same home network.
• AirPics Server must be running on your Mac whenever you use AirPics on your iPad.
• Designed for iPhoto '11 and Aperture 3.4 on Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.
Things to note:
• All libraries are shared by default, including newly created libraries, and libraries on external or network drives that are mounted.
• Quality of Aperture photos in AirPics is dependent on the Preview settings in Aperture (http://bit.ly/UVt5ft).
• AirPics is designed to stream your photos; you cannot view them "offline".
• AirPics is designed to view photos; you cannot alter your iPhoto or Aperture libraries.
• Performance will be dependent on your home Wi-Fi network.
• AirPics Server optimises photos to max. 2.25MP, so zoom on your iPad may be less than your Mac.
• Not optimised for viewing on more than one iPad simultaneously.
• Emailed images are limited to 2.25MP.
• Changes made to the libraries on your Mac will be be reflected in AirPics after restarting iPhoto/Aperture.
• Moving or renaming a library will re-share the library if it was set to be unshared.
• Aperture albums are sorted by Manual order (if chosen in Aperture) otherwise by ascending Date order.
• Renaming library files may break all preview paths. In some cases you may need to delete them, then regenerate them. Normally, it's enough to open the library in Aperture, then quit.
• AirPics discovers libraries by looking at libraries recently opened in iPhoto and Aperture.
• Movies show as low quality thumbnails and cannot be played on your iPad.
For FAQs and to tell us about features you'd like to see, please visit http://airpics.yellowbek.com
What's New in Version 1.1
• Stream your Aperture libraries!
• View iPhoto Events.
• Save photos to your iPad.
• Tweet your photos.
• Support multiple libraries.
• See your library's folder structure.
• You no longer need to have iPhoto open when browsing.
• AirPics Server signed for Mountain Lion.
• Bugfix to show photos at correct size on the new iPad.
• Updated artwork.
This update also requires AirPics Server to be updated to v1.1. Please "Check for Updates..." in AirPics Server on your Mac.
Exactly what I've been looking for!
Thank you for developing this app! It is exactly what I've been looking for. For some reason apple refuses to incorporate this feature into their own ipad photo apps.
I gave it 4 stars because not all of the photos load.
Not working with Mavericks
App was fine until I upgraded to Mavericks, now the photo library is not found on my ipad. Please fix!!!