Catalog and list all of your books. Built-in UPC ISBN barcode book collection scanner. Manage a classroom library, eBooks, hardcover, softcover, and more! View information, cover, and add personal details.
*** Also look for our apps on the iPad! ***
Uses barcode scanning, database search and manual barcode entry.
Here are just a handful of the features you get with this app:
- Create a free account and store your books collection list in the cloud online. Access from any iOS device any time!
- Syncs directly with https://www.sortitapps.com/ so you can manage your collection online at any computer!
- Create a Wishlist of existing and new books that you'd like to eventually own.
- Filter an Sort on any field of information within a book.
- A coverflow view to see all of your books when you turn your device sideways.
- Sort with the words The and A in the title.
- Library or List views. View your collection as you'd see it on a wall.
- Add your person details to a book: Loaned To, Purchase Price, Storage Location, etc.
- Edit any book details that are incorrect. All of our data is user driven so correct it as need and it will fix it for everyone!
- Support for all countries, authors, publishers, and more.
- High resolution cover art for each book.
- Full barcode scanning (10 items free, then in-app purchase).
- Bulk Scanning to add your books to the application even quicker (in-app purchase).
- Shake to select a random item in your collection.
- Offline viewing of collection, export your collection, extra themes, and more! (in-app purchases)
Check out other apps by Sort It Apps / iCollect to manage most any collection you own.
Like Discogs for books! Better than Collectorz, Delicious Library, Book Crawler, Book Buddy and the rest.
- Enabled sharing of collection items via the Share Sheet with Facebook and Twitter.
- Enabled connecting with us on social media via the Settings tab using a new method.
Ratings and Reviews
App is useless unless you want to pay $10
The idea of this app is great. Was basically hoping to organize a list of a very large number of books my company has been keeping in storage, and scanning the ISBNs is an efficient and reliable way to do that. However, after about a dozen scans, the app forces you to pay for the "full" version, though you can continue to add the ISBNs manually. Adding any book to your "list" requires at minimum a title, author and photo of the front cover. So I was taking a lot of photos on top of having to manually add the ISBNs, and constantly adding data. However, once you've added a book, you cannot go back to edit any of the information unless you pay the $10 for the "full" version (and some of the information the app provides for a book is incorrect.)
Overall was expecting a much more intelligent and efficient app for this purpose; and the $10 is just a bit too steep a price to pay.
I like it, but some annoying things
I really love the idea of this app. I love that I can list all the books I have on here and organize them by when I last read them. A couple of annoying things though:
1.) You have to manually put in the ISBN of each book which can be tedious. When I tried the camera option, it just told me that the ISBN might belong to another book and to manually put it in anyway. Also, if you are able to capture the ISBN image, there is a small limit to how many books you can add that way. Then they want you to pay $9.99 for unlimited. That is an absurd amount of money as you can continue to manually input them.
2.) Some of the author’s names or book titles are put in strangely so they are out of order when you try to organize them by name or author. For example, Harry Potter #7 author name is K.J, Rowling, so it’s not included with my J.K Rowling section which is super annoying. Also, you can’t edit it without paying that ungodly amount of $9.99.
Otherwise, I’m enjoying the app. I use this one as well as the movie app.
Wish it were better
I just started using this app and was trying out the bulk scan feature. I managed to get some books scanned, but some of the data was incomplete or oddly entered so I started fixing the data for those books. Unfortunately this somehow managed to get rid of almost all of the books I’d just scanned other than the two books I had managed to fully fix up to that point. How or why this happened I don’t know, but that’s an incredibly irritating feature.
- iCollect LLC
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCollect LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Pro $9.99
- Unlock Desktop Links $24.99
- unlock this collectable $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.