Learn French with Babbel
By Lesson Nine GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you ready to learn French? Welcome to Babbel. Discover Babbel's wide variety of courses and start making progress quickly. Try it now!
IN THE PRESS
“The app I’ve found most powerful is Babbel.” - New York Times
"Babbel: Help Me, Help You Learn A New Language." - TechCrunch
"9 out of 10." - Wired
• Designed for iOS 7
• All Babbel courses are now available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Train your pronunciation with our speech recognition technology.
• Extensive selection of interactive courses with pictures, pronunciation and example sentences.
• Ideal for both beginners and advanced learners.
• Learning aims tailored by the integrated Review Manager.
• Learning progress synchronised across iPad and website platforms.
And much much more…
You will need a subscription in order to get access to all of this app’s courses and features.
There are three subscription options:
One-monthly subscription for $US10.99, automatically renewed until canceled.
Three-monthly subscription for $US21.99, automatically renewed until canceled.
Six-monthly subscription for $US37.99, automatically renewed until canceled.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your Account Settings.
You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
LOTS OF LANGUAGES
English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian.
We like getting your feedback. Write to us with questions and suggestions at:
Have fun learning your new language!
Your Babbel Team
What's New in Version 4.1.0
Thank you for your comprehensive feedback. The following updates have been made:
• Optimized writing exercises: We've adapted the level of difficulty and added a new input mode that displays letters on a word-by-word basis.
• More flexible: You can now load your entire vocabulary onto your device and revise it without an active internet connection.
• Less waiting, more learning: We managed to speed up the synchronization process so that you can make the most of your time for learning.
• Forgotten your password? No Problem. Request a new one from within the app.
Great way to learn French
this is my second app to learn French. This one fills the gaps the other (unrelated app) left in that this one spends time on sentence structure, use of articles and the various pronouns. My only complaint is that is seems a little more advanced than 'true beginner' (the previous app I used came in handy here or I'd have been more lost.. I don't think this app is for true beginners and I wouldn't recommend for children). Also, only other complaint is that quite a bit of exercises involve listening to french being spoken and deciphering it. The French speakers speak far too fast for a beginner to understand.
Two Babbel languages
I subscribed to the German Babbel app, and liked it so much after the first week that I got the French one too. I was using Duolingo but Babbel is leagues better. Comparing two languages shows that they seem to be culturally sensitive, not just copies of a standard linguistic model. It really feels like the material is prioritized by what would be most important to a novice speaker traveling to that country for the first time.
Great for all stages
I think this is one of the best for advanced users. It would also be good for beginners. I'm practicing French, but I minored in French in college. I still find this app very helpful. For example, there is a set of lessons on idioms. It is very helpful.
It is over priced though, and if you forget your password, good luck because their reset password link doesn't seem to work!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 44.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lesson Nine GmbH
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Learn French$10.99
- Learn French$21.99
- Learn French$37.99