OneDrive - Cloud storage for files & photos
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneDrive is the one place for everything in your work and personal life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files so you can get to them from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go:
• Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
• Automatically upload photos and videos to your personal OneDrive account using Camera backup.
• Share your files.
• Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders.
• Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office apps.
• Quickly get to documents you've recently opened.
• Search for your files and folders.
Note: For you to sign in to OneDrive for Business, your organization needs to have a qualifying SharePoint Online or Office 365 business subscription plan. You can't sign in with an account from an on-premises directory.
What's New in Version 5.3
If you have a new Apple Watch, you can enjoy your OneDrive photos right from your wrist!
• View your most recent photos and delete photos you don't want to keep
• Find photos by tag
• View your albums
Also thanks to everyone who sent us feedback about working with PDFs in the app. We're listening, and we included a new PDF viewing experience in this update!
• Print your PDFs directly from your iPhone or iPad
• Search for text within PDFs
• Swipe from page to page
Getting better but lacking upload consistency
This app is continuing to improve with new features and UI, but it really needs consistency with uploading photos that are saved to my camera roll but were not taken be me. When family and friends send me pics that I save, this app does not upload them to the camera backup location but instead uploads them to the camera roll under "Files". Sometimes. It always did this before but with the last two updates it is very inconsistent. It is important to me to save these pics as well, but I'd at least like some consistency with whether they're saved or not.
6stars for the mobile app, 2 stars for the laptop/desktop version
When utilizing OneDrive with all my mobile devises, it seems to work seamless. Sure, I have a couple work a rounds when not utilizing MS Office product, but I am very happy with the mobile app.
The desktop version is causing me some major headaches. I have an issue with the OneDrive program updating and working correctly. I end up having to "close" one drive then reopen to be able to have the desktop update and upload the most recent versions. It is a pain... But, I am happy with the overall product.
Cache fill up your free space, no way to empty it
The cache fills up your free space, and there's no way to empty it with deleting the app and reinstalling it! Why??
My 128gb IPad was stating it was full, and under investigation I noticed that Onedrive was consuming 4.5GB of space on my IPad, and after checking the forums, Microsoft states that it creates a cache for faster reloading. The problem is, there is no way to delete that cache with deleting the app entirely.
Stupid stupid stupid.
I use this heavily as office account provides me with tons of space and I am heavily loading files and then deleting them often.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 18, 2015
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 108 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- OneDrive + 100$27.99