Defenders of Ardania Lite
By Paradox Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The next generation of TD has arrived! Defenders of Ardania (DoA) sees players simultaneously paying for towers, spells and waves of offensive units in a no-holds-barred battle to take down an enemy with the same powers and, worryingly, the same intention.
Defenders of Ardania is set in Ardania, the same world as PC game Majesty the Fantasy Kingdom Sim and feature three playable factions, each with their own unique units and advantages.
“The game is a unique tower defense / strategy hybrid, with players trying to overwhelm their opponents by launching offensive creeps and defensive towers simultaneously.” -IGN
“I would recommend it to any tower defense fan looking to pass some time” -148Apps
“ It’s a wonderful world they’ve created here in Ardania..” -Appletell
"Those up for a challenge who want something a little different from the tower defense genre should definitely give this one a look" - TUAW
• An intriguing new take on the massively popular TD genre: you're in control of both offensive and defensive operations!
• A captivating single-player campaign, featuring three playable races and 15 diverse levels
• A wide range of expensive spells, from the defensive to the deadly
• Defense: 18 different, upgradeable towers to stop the advancing enemy
• Offence: 18 varied units with diverse, faction-specifc attributes to take the fight to your opponent
• Challenge your friends to Multiplayer via Apple's Game Center service
Gameplay Trailer with over 100.000 views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teA_Yxk0ESc
You can find the full game under the More iPad Apps by Paradox Interactive in the left column.
Great concept, but execution could be smoother.
Finally a TD game where you can build towers AND units AND cast spell - all three which I've dreamt of one day to see in a TD package. Overall I think it's very well done with awesome graphics and battle. Best of all I liked the fact that when building units or towers, or casting spell, theres no wait time. I love the instantaneous feel.
With that said, I think the game could use some tweaks before I decided to purchase the full version.
1) One game takes way too long, especially if it's just the first level.. And eventually there's a pattern that me and AI are doing - I destroy his towers, send my unit and wait because I've no money to build. Then because he has no towers, so he's got a lot of money saved and then builds massive amount of towers, while I had to start destroying them again. And then repeating the process again and again until it's destroyed, which started to get too repetitive.
2) Leveling units are questionable. Rather than sending more to level up, how about how many kills I did? Or even purchasing upgrades like the towers. I've kept sending the same unit but it still didn't level up..
Interesting, but a little weird, not in love.
This is kind of a cool game, but I don't love it be honest. I wouldn't pay $5 for it after playing the lite version though. $1 maybe. It has all of the features it says it does, but doesn't execute them as well as I thought they would. It's pretty hard to use the features it offers in tandem to defeat the enemy. The tower limit made it not quite as fun as well. I could never reach a point where I was ahead with my towers, ultimately I won by spamming the weakest troops I had and over running the enemy fortress. I didn't even NEED to use towers really...
The tower defense game I always wanted but...
Great mix of defense, offense and utility but the battles just take waaaay too long. I had my opponent beat down to nothing and it still took 20 minutes him him watching me whittle down his health as he tried to fight back tooth and nail. Just way too much
- Category: Games
- Released: Dec 06, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paradox Interactive AB
- © Paradox Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.