Runtastic Mountain Bike PRO GPS Biking Computer, Ride and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Runtastic Mountain Bike app turns your iPhone into a multifunctional GPS cycling computer! Whether you’re on your favorite trails or exploring new routes while enjoying the mountain scenery, Runtastic Mountain Bike is your perfect companion. Track your rides, tours and trails with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance with your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of users today.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track MTB tours via GPS: Duration, distance, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- LIVE Tracking: Track your trails in real time & show friends your current location
- Browse & search thousands of mountain bike routes (available in the app & on Runtastic.com)
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Configure maps: Apple Maps, Open Cycle Map, Open Street Map
- Offline maps: Download & save maps to your iPhone to use them without internet connection
- Split Tables: Analysis of each split of your mountain bike trek
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Provides info on wind & weather conditions
- Save your MTB activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your mountain bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for iPhone
- Runtastic Sports Armband
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a MTB rider could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
- Optimized for the latest iOS
Enjoy the latest version of our app! We look forward to your helpful reviews in the App Store!
Good App: Missing at least one vital feature
This app shares a similar design layout as the "main" Runtastic app. Though do not assume this means it shares many, if any, of the same features apart from the design layout. As a standalone mountain biking app it is no doubt a good app. However, it blatantly lacks the ability to auto-pause on its own using only GPS. Instead I am required to buy a $60 cadence sensor to enable it!?! The Runtastic "main" app allows this with only GPS, and allows me to track mountain biking activities along with a several others very accurately... I'm left wondering why they developed a specific Mountain Biking app in the first place.
Conclusion: It is a good app... But, you are better off just getting the "main" Runtastic app for multiple activities. As it provides more features without requiring additional equipment.
Disappointing, Frequently Dies
I submitted a review last year saying it was OK. But now I need to amend that review to 1-star. The app has become entirely useless. I start it up at the beginning of my ride, but later during or at the end of my ride, it has completely shut down. When I launch it, it asks if I want to resume, which is pointless because it has lost my route and all of my real stats. I am a computer tech so I don't think I'm doing anything stupid to cause this. The app is up to date (3.2.1). My iOS version is 8.2
I emailed Runtastic's support email address regarding this problem, but they ignored me.
I don't understand why it is continuing to get great reviews -- I can't possibly be the only person that this is happening to.
Works for me!
I have been using this app for six months and have found it to be very good and reliable. I also have the Runtastic app, but this app provides a few extra details relevant to mountain biking. I bought the Zephyr Bluetooth heart rate monitor and it syncs perfectly. what I also like, is that it syncs to my Runyastic account so I can keep track of all my different cardio activities.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 22, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.