By JetBlue Airways
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take JetBlue everywhere you go! Download our app and get instant access to your itineraries, flight status information, mobile boarding passes, our inflight entertainment, snacks and more.
* Book travel - Search for and book flights to your favorite destinations.
* Check-in - Get your check-in reminder 24 hours before your flight, and check in instantly right from the app.
* Mobile Boarding Passes - One less thing to carry on. Easily get your boarding pass for your flight on your smartphone.
* TrueBlue - Sign in with your TrueBlue account for a more personalized mobile experience.
* Instant updates - Receive real-time flight updates within the app and via push notifications.
* Smart home screen - Based on where you are in your travel window, see relevant details about your upcoming flight on the app's home screen.
* My trips – View your upcoming trips with ease.
* In-flight experience - View and set reminders for the DIRECTV® schedule for your flight, and check out a listing of all our SiriusXM Satellite Radio® channels. Plus, tease your appetite by checking out the tasty snacks and drinks being served onboard.
* Connect - Share travel plans with people in your life, and use the Pick Me Up feature to help people picking you up plan their ride to and from the airport.
* Guide to fun - Learn about the hotspots at your destination with the City Guide. Plus, create custom postcards, download wallpapers for your phone and more.
What's New in Version 2.6
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
The JetBlue app has major problems. The interface for choosing round trip dates is terrible. When choosing seats, the app only tells you -after- you've chosen them whether it will cost more. Many of the fields take several seconds to register your input, and then you are bounced to a different part of the page, losing your place. When I finally did get to the point of submitting my payment info and doing final confirmation, I was greeted with a page telling me to tap to go back to a URL... And no confirmation. I went through this entire procedure twice with the same failure at the end. During the 30 minutes I was fighting this app, the rates for my outgoing flight went up. I gave them a call, and JetBlue refused to honor the advertised rate. They also refused to check if the app was working, claiming that it must work if their techs haven't reported to them that it doesn't. Awful company. Awful app.
Bugs, bugs and more bugs
So many problems with this app. 1. You are given no indication of the seats that cost more until you select the seat. I had to work my way through several seat selections, at one point I got a page filled with seat numbers but no way to select one, and I had to start again, from scratch on page 1, even though I was logged into my TrueBlue Acct. No information was retained. 2. Finally got everything input and hit submit only to find myself on a page telling me to return to homepage. 3. Did as told, back to homepage and no info stored, and the flight was not booked! 4. Tried again from scratch (at this point, I was just bring stubborn) and the stupid app crashed again. Arrghh! For an airline with fine service in every other way, this app is a disgrace!
Why Does this App Exist?
I have a flight booked for me and my son. I checked in and it checked in for both of us. I get the boarding pass and I can only access mine. So either a) this is right, you can only access one boarding pass in which case JetBlue should take down this app because that's just plain stupid, or b) I can access the other boarding pass but the UI is so bad I can't figure out how. If that's the case, JetBlue should take down this app and fire the developer because that's just plain bad.
I don't trust this thing, so I'm going with paper.
United's app worked the way I expected, so apparently what I want us not impossible… for a decent developer.
JetBlue, cut your loses. Not having an app is not good but having a bad app is terrible.