By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow "Movies Coming Soon” within My Feed and get updates when new movies are ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,000 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player or Roku TV (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.2.2
Roku life saver! 👍🏼
I just got my Roku stick a week ago. Since day 1, the screen would freeze up, or so I thought. So I started pressing the reset button on the remote under the battery compartment, or removing the batteries, and switching them around. That seemed to help a lot.
Now since downloading the Roku remote app I only had one message pop up about the connection, for me it was the remote freezing up 99% of the time. I love this app! The regular remote is junk. Thanks for a great app!
P.S. Pickles X 12, yes that would be fantastic if you could use your phone headphones with the app! That's the least they could do for give us such a crappy remote.
Get message about Roku Service
I own a Roku 3, which has all updates, I have an iPhone 6 which also has all updates including the ones for today for iOS, and the Roku app. I keep getting a message that the Roku services is temporarily unavailable please try again. Some features might not be available please try again later.
I’ve restarted the Roku, and iPhone, the remote works in the app so do other features, I’m able to sign into my account, but it’s just the message that pops up when first starting the app. I’m not sure how to resolve, this I’ve googled and haven’t found much. Any resolve would help, thanks!
Good app, works as advertised.
The title really says it all. The only slight problem I have is that, with a Roku TV, I still need the remote to turn the TV on. So if I've lost the remote, I can't watch TV. (And no, there are no buttons on the television itself, one of those stupid trends all modern televisions seem to be following. Take note, TV OEMs, sometimes you need buttons on the TV itself.) Other than that, a fantastic app with great attention to detail, for example that I can use my phone's volume buttons to change the volume on the TV. A nice little detail by the app developers. All in all, well done.