By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
1. Create a screensaver for your Roku player using photos from your mobile devices (Available with Roku 4 only).
2. Support for iCloud photos in Play on Roku photo and Mobile Screensaver.
3. Find My Remote feature (Available with Roku 4 only).
4. Stability and performance improvements.
Much better than your actual Roku Remote
Don't waist your time with the remote that comes with the Roku device! This app does a much better job.
I recently bought a Roku streaming stick and a Roku 2 for two separate TV's in two separate rooms. I was less than thrilled to find out that the Roku 2 lacks a point anywhere remote. I was even less thrilled that my streaming stick remote will lose connection with the streaming stick often and without warning. After googling my frustrations this app was recommended - much to my delight.
The Roku remote app supports multiple devices on one phone (perfect since I own 2). Now I have the ability to use my phone as a point-anywhere remote on the Roku 2.
The app features a keyboard (no more selecting individual letters when searching for shows or entering passwords). It also allows simplified streaming of files on your phone directly to the TV making casting much easier.
The controls are fast and there isn't any lag between pressing a button and seeing the command execute on screen (though this could be my router too). I'm very pleased with the app and would highly recommend it to any Roku user.
If you don't have the Roku with voice search, this app allows you to do that. If you were torn between the new Apple TV or Roku and went the Roku route but are jealous of the swipe remote, this app includes not just using your phone as a remote, but being able to swipe as well.
All in all, you can add channels, access your account, and do things like search, add, and even play your photos and music to your Roku (yeah I know you can do this stuff with Apple too and do AirPlay on Apple) - but this app really adds to the Roku experience.
Very useful and will also be invaluable if you misplace the Roku remote. I even agree with the writer that says it actually works better than the physical Roku remote that comes with the box!
Great! Very handy, especially with multiple Rokus
Nice interface. Very easy to use. Especially handy app if you have multiple Roku boxes. You can assign each box a descriptive name and easily switch between boxes. A couple of advantages of this app compared to the standard physical Roku remotes or universal remotes (like the excellent Logitech Harmony line) are an onscreen keyboard and a workaround for those persnickety channels that "double space" when you press an arrow key on the physical remote. Also good for when you manage to lose your physical remote in the couch cushions or somewhere! Highly recommended!