By Showtime Networks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch SHOWTIME® whenever and wherever you want on your iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® with SHOWTIME ANYTIME® - FREE with your SHOWTIME subscription through participating TV providers.
Current Participating TV Providers:
- AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, CenturyLink Prism, Charter, Comcast XFINITY, DIRECTV, Optimum, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS
Get unlimited on-demand access to full seasons of award-winning SHOWTIME Original Series, Hit Movies, Sports, Comedy and much more. With new titles added each week, there’s always something great to watch. PLUS, now you can watch what’s currently airing live on SHOWTIME, and easily switch between the SHOWTIME East and SHOWTIME West channels. So no matter where you are, you never have to miss your favorites!
Watch EVERY SEASON of critically acclaimed, award-winning SHOWTIME Original Series:
- Masters of Sex
- Ray Donovan
- House of Lies
- Nurse Jackie
- Inside Comedy
- The Real L Word
- The Borgias
- The Big C
PLUS, Showtime Championship Boxing®, 60 Minutes Sports and much more!
- My List: Lets you organize and view your favorite programs
- Add New Episodes: Automatically adds new episodes of your favorite series to your My List as they premiere
- Play Shifting: Resume watching where you left off on another device
- Socialize: Share what you’re watching on Facebook and Twitter
- Live TV: Watch what’s currently airing live on both SHOWTIME East and SHOWTIME West and easily switch between channels
- Closed captioning and parental controls available
©2014 Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. Showtime Anytime is intended for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Bug fixes and enhancements
Sho needs to put more effort into their app.
I like Showtime shows, but this app has been unbearably bugged since the last update, and was seriously flawed before.
-It usually doesn't open, for several minutes, it just says "Cannot connect, check your Internet connection. You can't watch Showtime Anytime outside the U.S." I close and reboot the app multiple times, or delete and redownload, and eventually I might get in.
-Oftentimes, the home page won't load, even if the app does.
-I usually have to fight with it before it will let me log in. The app errors on log in frequently.
-Sometimes the list of servers won't load, the log in page can't be found, or the log in page crashes the app.
-If I manage to get logged in, the app sometimes can't load the episode I want. If it locates the episode, it's likely that the app will crash partway through and force me back through the whole process.
If wasting 30-60 minutes trying to access a show or movie sounds like your thing, go for it. Otherwise, stick with Starz and HBO; far less trouble.
Showtime your app is garbage read your reviews and do something about it.
Still a heinous piece of crap
1. Horrible picture quality
2. Horrible sound quality
3. No Airplay™ support
4. Shows expire and disappear to artificially force existing customers to purchase them despite their subscription (not that they're watchable here anyways with such garbage quality)
5. Log in issues and bugs abound
Showtime clearly thinks we are all unsophisticated imbeciles and assumes that we'll just accept what they shovel at us. They have no respect for their customers. You can see this manifested in other ways they do business, but that's out-of-scope for this review. Today, there is simply no good way to watch current showtime content on demand without using your cable provider's own on demand service. Showtime has not solved this, and they don't seem to care about solving it. At all.
Showtime Sometimes, if you're lucky
For a pay channel with award winning shows, you would think Showtime would care to have a little class. Maybe a working app for its loyal subscribers would suffice?
I am a long time HBO subscriber, but it wasn't until HBOGo that I found a way to watch my favorite shows while at work. I was elated to find out about Showtime Anytime, and subscribed to the channel in hopes to see what I've been missing.
I have not been able to watch a single episode without the app NOR THE WEBSITE crashing! And that is IF it loads at all. I called my cable provider to cancel Showtime. What's the point, if I can't watch it?
I just don't understand why Showtime doesn't care to improve their technology. I am one example that their negligence is costing them money.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Showtime Networks Inc.
- ©2013 Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.