London: Condé Nast Traveller City Guide
By Condé Nast Digital Britain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"The format is fantastic, with obviously a great deal of thought and care having gone into the way the app reacts and the intuitiveness of the design."
Be a touch away from the best of everything in London with Condé Nast Traveller’s guide to one of the world’s most fascinating cities. From the coolest bars and restaurants to the most stylish hotels and must-see sights, the London city guide is loaded with more than 500 searchable, GPS-linked listings, updated quarterly by editors with the best inside knowledge and word-of-mouth recommendations from trendsetting locals.
· 500+ fully searchable listings (Food & Drink, Where to Stay, Shopping, See & Do, Nightlife)
· Augmented reality technology making it even easier to see what’s around you
· Offline maps mean no expensive roaming charges while abroad
· GPS-enabled - so you always know where you are
· Word of Mouth section packed with exclusive recommendations from trendsetting locals and travellers
· Audio tours of our editors’ favourite places
· Updated quarterly with new listings and info
· Filter options to search by mood, style, neighbourhood, cuisine...
· ‘To Do’ list and travel journal
· Sharing functionality to share your travel experiences by email, Facebook, Twitter or flickr
· Timelines to learn about the city's history
Start your day in London at the best café closest to your hotel: GPS-enabled, with offline maps, means that the guide can help you find whatever you need, wherever you are at the touch of a button (without roaming charges – everything in the guide is available offline). Get to know your surroundings: plug in to one of the pre-built audio guides to our editors’ favourite places and learn about the city’s history from your guide’s timeline. When it’s time for dinner, drinks and dancing, simply enter your preferences for mood, style, neighbourhood or cuisine to find a place that you’ll love.
The London guide includes a bespoke ‘to do’ list and journal, so that you can make plans before you have even set foot in the city, and allows you to share your travelling adventures with friends via email, Facebook and Flickr.
"What’s impressive is their Augmented Reality functionality. Simply point your phone in a direction and it will bring up images of nearby attractions, which you can narrow down by type. You can also use GPS to pull up venue locations on a map"
"Condé Nast Traveller Makes Travelling As Easy As Going Home"
What's New in Version 1.8
A brand new James Bond themed section, in addition to a complete content re-fresh with new hotels, restaurants, shops and attractions.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 16, 2012
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 223 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Conde Nast Digital Britain
- © The Condé Nast Publications 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.