By gandreas software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plot out all your flat-track strategy on your iPad: an interactive, animated whiteboard for Roller Derby plays.
- Keyframe animation: set the skaters in their appropriate locations at specific times, and it will animate between them (skating along the course)
- Customize team colors (primary, accent colors, and number text colors)
- WFTDA specified track layout dimensions
- Automatically calculates pack and engagement zones (using official WFTDA "box" method to determine 10' proximity)
- Includes a whiteboard to make annotations on the track, as well as textual detail (with special "cleanup" logic to make easy straight or circle players)
- Supports unlimited number of documents (including being able to duplicate the current document, making it easy to diagram out multiple scenarios)
- Connects to external monitors to use with projector/large screen
- Plays can be emailed to another Derby Playbook iPad user, the current frame can grabbed as an image (to paste into another app), or all the keyframes can be emailed as a PDF or printed
- Configurable of penalty box placements, track background, skater icon styles/sizes
*** Coming soon: Export to movie! ***
What's New in Version 1.1
- Plays can be exported as movies
- Bug fixes
- Retina Display support
Nice little app! With a bit of tweaking this could work even better than it does now! Needs an option for star passing from jammer to pivot and a transition showing that the pivot turned into the jammer. Needs an easier way to "save" your play.
Need instructions. Indeed wonky. I think the simple fix is a way to add a way to manually add key frames. The only way to add them is by hitting play and fighting the backtracking skaters trying to return to their positions.
crashes on movie generation
I have been looking at this app for a very long time, it is one of the reasons I chose to get an iPad. Without directions this is very difficult to use. Also very frustrating because it looks like it will work great .