Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Be prepared for any weather forecast.
Highly recommend it!!
After trying ALL the other weather apps I was frustrated, why couldn't there be an app that got it right? I liked parts of different apps so I ended up keeping FIVE different ones (NOAA, Weather Channel, Weatherbug, Accuweather, & Yahoo Weather) to get the weather info I needed. Then I found Weather Underground and I loved it. It gave me all the info I wanted and let me arrange the sections around my needs. I love that they offer the audio, video, blog and scientific info if you are interested in going deeper into the subject. I love that the end user can report on current conditions and hazards! What a fabulous way to maintain accuracy! I don't need fancy graphics; tons of different types of radar maps (although this app has that); pretty photos depicting the current conditions; I just want accurate, concise info presented in an organized, user-friendly way. And that is what I got from this app. I was finally able to delete all the other apps taking up precious space on my iPhone. However, there is one thing that I wish the app had, and that is the snowfall predictor that I use from the NOAA Snow Forecast app. It is the only other weather app I will be keeping. As a New Englander, that is the kind of specific and accurate info I need all winter long. If Weather Underground could add that feature it would be worthy of 10 stars!! But it is by far the best overall weather app I have seen. I highly recommend it.
Useful and Local and Better than ever
Update 6/1/16 - Everything in my previous review still applies, plus the constant improvements and the most recent version (5.7.1). Refresh speeds are now much snappier and the entire application is smoother and just plain better. With the unique ability to receive data from owner-operated home weather stations, you can accurately check the weather very close the place you're actually interested in, like the airport, near Grandma's house, or next to the football stadium, instead of downtown. I live in an area where there are beaches, mountains and deserts, so I want to know what's up right in the place I'm going to. Weather Underground is the class act here. Accurate and truly local weather information. What else do you really need a weather app for?
(Previous review follows) Great weather app, especially because you can select specific weather reporting stations close to the actual location you are interested in. Weather Underground is a well established, reliable and accurate source and I've depended on them for years. In this latest release, I'm sure people will have varying opinions (Why didn't change.... You should have left such-and-such the way it was.... I love the new display, etc. etc.), but it's still the most accurate weather app out there. Plus, you can watch the weather on the next street, instead of maybe the next town.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 279.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2018 The Weather Channel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.