Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 200,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.9.4
-1 * for maps on phone & watch
WU: My two cents-worth on an otherwise excellent app.
1. Your iPhone maps show precip/storms with VERY vague edges and loose opacity differentiation… especially compared to other major weather apps. They'd me MUCH friendlier if they were tightened up.
2. The watch map covers FAR too large an area to be useful. Please consider narrowing the image to no more than a 50 mile radius from the specified/followed location. Sitting in the NC Triad, I really don't need – or want – to see ~25 miles north of Roanoke to ~50 miles south of Charlotte. The watch will always be more of a tactical tool for "right now" information whereas the app on the iPhone/iPad should be capable of performing both tactical & strategic roles. If I'm looking at my watch I really am only wanting to know if I'm going to get rained/snowed on in the next two hours so information beyond that scope. Pairing this with my comment above about the need for definition on a map, it's rather pointless to (try to) display a small impulse of rain down on a map measuring ~30 cm x 30 cm that has a scale of 500 miles x 500 miles that also can't be zoomed.
3. Your Storm app is the best free weather app on the App Store (as recommended to me by a professional meteorologist who is employed by a major American sports organization) so I hope that my comments will help bring your main app up to the standard achieved by its sister peace. Thank you for considering my thoughts!
Pretty good but has some bugs
I've been using this app for several years (free version). At first I was extremely impressed with the accuracy of forecasts and radar. However, as time has gone on and several updates have ensued, I am now having trouble with the temperature for the forecast. When I check in the morning for the forecast it stays pretty true to what I have been comparing it to my other weather app (just for reference). Then later in the day it shoots the temperature way up and it isn't even close to what it actually is outside! For example. Where I live the summer temps are usually in the 70's and 80's with the occasional spike to 90. The app will tell me at first that the high will be 83. By the middle of the day it claims it is 99 or 95 or something else equally wrong! It proceeds to keep this wrong temperature in the history for the previous days so when I look back to compare what the temp was at he beginning of the week versus today it is totally wrong!! I know it may seem minor to some but this is extremely annoying for me!! I check the weather so I know how to dress and plan appropriately for the day. I don't need an app that tells me it's going to be 90 something when it's only 80 or 70!! Please fix this problem!!
A Solid and Typically Accurate Forecast
The best part of this app is the radar. We can predict, nearly to the minute, when we will have rain. Living in the boonies of the Big Island, its helpful to know when we need to put our tools away and avoid being drenched.
Our micro climates make it difficult to predict the weather accurately. The forecast is for the only town of any size, which is 30 miles away and in a different climate zone. But with the radar, we have the tools to know what it will do at our home.
I frequently travel internationally and the data is not as accurate, but does provide us with a reasonable idea of what the day will bring.
The price to remove the ads is reasonable and applies to all of our devices.
Good, reliable data. Thanks.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 30, 2017
- Version: 5.9.4
- Size: 99.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99