Weather Underground: Radar, Forecasts, Satellite Maps, Severe Alerts, Weather Photos
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes App Store "Best New App of 2014"
Ranked in iTunes list of "Top 100 Apps"
Voted in "5 Best Weather Apps for iPhone", Gotta Be Mobile
COMMUNITY POWERED WEATHER
The Weather Underground iPhone app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location. In addition to viewing and sharing weather data, users can also take and upload photos directly from the app!
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires.
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHERS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
- Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams, user-uploaded photos (WunderPhotos), and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
FREE Severe Weather Alerts Push Notifications
Easy SHARING capabilities allow you to share forecasts, maps and alerts with your friends and family.
About Weather Underground
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With 33,000+ personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed and direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Drag, drop or delete content modules to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
- Select between light or dark mode
- Interactive Map showing all weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
- Video Player
"The bar, as far as weather related apps are concerned, has been raised." –TapCentral.com
What's New in Version 3.4
-Speed improvements: 30% faster than previous version
-Bug fixes and performance updates.
-Health: UV, pollen, air quality, flu activities
-NowCast alerts from the National Weather Service
Love it, except for the PWS locations
I have one of the PWS (personal weather stations) that reports to Weather Underground, so I know my area is correct. The problem lies with most smallish cities, especially those on the coast. Where is the weather being reported from? It is more often than not either from the local airport or harbor, neither of which represent the weather in 95% of the rest of the area.
I love the new interface. I would like to see an iPad version, but since my iPad is wifi only, the iPhone version is fine.
The data is only as good as what's fed to the servers, so as long as the PWS's are decent and calibrated, you can't get much better than this!
Location doesn't work; iPad version?
This is my favorite weather app, but it has no ipad version. (The Wundermap app they offer for iPads doesn't have nearly as much data or as nice of a interface as this app. So that's not a good substitute)
The latest update is a big improvement, but the Locate Me function still doesn't work! I'm in San Diego today and tapping the Locate icon still displays my home location in LA. How long does it take to fix this basic feature?
On a positive note, they finally added UV & air quality. However, the allergy display is only for pollens. It doesn't tell you which kinds of other allergies are prevalent. (ie, rye grass, rag weed, flower pollen, dust, etc)
More concerning, this app is still missing many features from their website. Here are the top 7:
1) No monthly/yearly rainfall/snowfall accumulation totals
2) No humidity on future day forecasts
3) No tide/surf levels
4) Costs $2 every year for no ads, others charge a one time fee
5) Consistency issues. Top pane says no wind, but hourly pane shows 14mph winds all day. Which is correct?
6) No icon badge for current temp
7) No iPad version
Love this app
I go boating or canoeing almost every weekend. This app is invaluable. I load the map, add or remove various dynamics and different times, check wind speeds and direction zoomed into a specific body of water or area, and that tells me what type of chop to expect or when I shouldn't be out. I do the same thing for when I'm out cycling, as well. Can't say enough about how much I like this app and how it improves my navigation and safety. I use it daily. Highly recommended vs. other weather apps out there.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 02, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2013 Weather Underground, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99