The Traditional Storyteller - Too Much Talk
By Day Two Productions Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**** WINNER!! UK Educational Resource Award 2012 ****
**** WINNER!! Gold and Overall category winner for Practical Pre-school Awards. Awarded a perfect score of 100%! ****
Winner of 2 prestigious UK Education Awards and perfect for use at home. Give your kids a head start in speaking and listening skills which are proven to lead to better writing.
**** WINNER!! Silver Medal in Parent's Choice Award ****
**** Golden App Award - 5/5 Apples. Apps for Homeschooling ****
**** Editor’s Choice - 4.5 stars. ‘Excellent App’ - Best Apps for kids ****
“Take a look at the Traditional Storyteller apps - they're brilliant! Kids LOVE them!”
Review from Teachers with Apps.
“The Traditional Storyteller apps are completely irresistible, engaging, vibrant …We spent an entire afternoon sharing these stories with each other – laughing, singing, recording narrations...’
Overall Rating: 5/5 : Mom’s Rating: 5/5 Kids’ Rating: 5/5
Review from Apps for homeschooling
“It was an entirely different experience than we normally have with applications. The kids got very still, and very quiet and they paid attention. Once the story was done the kids were practically frantic for the extras. Each activity helped drive the story home.”
Review from Best Apps for Kids
So, what is a Traditional Storyteller? It's someone who has mastered the art of telling a story so well that the words come to life and transform themselves into pictures in a child's imagination. It's the way we've learned for millennia and it's absolutely captivating.
It's also highly educational. Children’s early knowledge of stories is one of the most important indicators of later educational achievement.
With the Traditional Storyteller you can access the very best traditional storytellers on your iPad, iPhone or iPod whenever and wherever you like.
This app features Effua Daniels (Winner of the BFFTA best TV personality award 2011) and tells the traditional Ghanaian story Too Much Talk. Do you believe that fish and dogs and many other things that should talk can actually talk? You might if you listen to this story.
All the Traditional Storyteller apps feature a master storyteller talking directly to the child. No gimmicks, no sound effects, just the storyteller enrapturing the child through the expressive use of words, gestures, facial expressions and direct eye contact.
As well as the story, there are three games within the app that have been developed by teachers and use proven classroom techniques to develop children’s listening, understanding, speaking and literacy.
Each App includes:
• A classic tale from around the world, told by an Internationally renowned storyteller.
• Map Game. Rearrange the illustrated audio tiles into the right order – a fun way to understand the structure of the story.
• Listen and Repeat Game. Children listen to a short section of the story and record themselves re-telling it.
• Tell Your Story Game – builds on the other games and allows the child (or parent) to record their own version of the story and email it to relatives or friends
• Best Bits. A short selection of ‘best bits’ chosen by our little testers.
To give this app as a gift, click on 'Gift This App' in the top left hand drop down menu next to ‘buy app’ and follow the instructions.
Other Apps in The Traditional Storyteller series include:
* The Three Little Pigs, told by Cat Weatherill
* How The Elephant Got His Trunk, told by Peter Chand
* Anancie And The Drum Of Common Sense, told by Tuup
* The Giant turnip, told by Katrice Horsley (UK Storytelling Laureate)
Requirements: Compatible with iPad and iPhone. Requires iOS4.3 or later
What's New in Version 1.1
Changed categories, few screenshots and description.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 17, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 95.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Day Two Productions Ltd
- All content in this application © 2011 Day Two Productions Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.