NewsChannel 5 Cleveland - newsnet5.com
By E.W. Scripps Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The NewsChannel 5 app brings you the latest trusted news and information from Cleveland to Akron and throughout all of northeast Ohio.
WEWS NewsChannel5 and newsnet5.com are On Your Side with breaking news and severe weather updates.
Please review the app and let us know what you think.
What's New in Version 5.1
- Fixed a deep linking bug
We’ve listened to your feedback and have incorporated a lot of it into this feature packed release:
- iOS 8 compatible
- The app is now universal so it works on iPhone and iPad.
- Editors can link push notifications directly to stories
- Single touch video playback
- Background refresh enabled
- Brand new UI with full bleed images, parallax scrolling and new animations
- Video and photo counts on article screens
- Swipe to next media item directly from the article screen
- Updated timestamp logic - stories with red timestamps have been updated in the last half hour
- Offline mode for iPhone and iPad
- Dynamic type in iPhone section front and article screens and iPad article screens
Keep the suggestions coming!
Everything is just too big!
...and I'm viewing on an iPhone 6. The top story (forecast at the moment) takes up 50% of the screen. The red bar at the top for breaking news, etc. is always there. Sure, you can close it, but as soon as you open the app again, it reappears; it doesn't automatically disappear while scrolling the headlines either. Plus advertisement at the bottom, only 1.5 headlines are actually visible when launching the app! The app is set to use my system text size settings, and it's as low as it can go. Bigger is not always better, I can't even begin to imagine what this app looks like on an iPhone 4 or 5!
Not Trustworthy Predatory Advertising Scams
The new advertising ribbon at the bottom of each page is made to look like your Facebook notification bar. They stooped to the level of making a red notification flashing on the inbox icon, hoping to trick unsuspecting users into thinking they have a Facebook message. When the ribbon is clicked on you are taken to the advertiser. This is terrible marketing for a large news source who is supposed to be representing the peoples news. Can you really trust their news stories? Or are they more concerned about preying on unsuspecting users to get advertising clicks? This is some low class Scam!
The only good thing about this app is the weather and traffic condition notifications in the morning. Other than that, they send at least 6 notifications throughout the day. Not everything is breaking news! Videos rarely load. Not worth it. I would rather watch the news on TV.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: E.W. Scripps Company
- © 2013 The E.W. Scripps Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.