Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now anyone can create stunning iBooks textbooks, cookbooks, history books, picture books, and more for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Start with one of the Apple-designed templates that feature a wide variety of page layouts. Add your own text and images with drag-and-drop ease. Use Multi-Touch widgets to include interactive photo galleries, movies, Keynote presentations, 3D objects, and more. Preview your book on your iOS device or Mac at any time. Then submit your finished work to the iBooks Store in a few simple steps. And before you know it, you’re a published author.
• Give your book a great beginning with templates that include a choice of page designs with matching fonts, colors, and textures
• Quickly customize your book with text and images, create new layouts, and even save a custom template
• Easily add a cover, video introduction, table of contents, copyright page, dedication, and foreword
Beautiful text and layouts
• Use a variety of text styles including custom fonts to give your book a rich yet consistent look
• Add text, shapes, charts, tables, and media anywhere on the page
• Import a chapter written in Pages or Microsoft Word and apply a great-looking layout from your current template
• Add sophisticated mathematical expressions with native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Add any word to the glossary with a single click and easily include photos, images, charts, tables, and shapes next to any definition
• Automatically create a portrait view of your landscape book, which allows readers to focus on the text
• Choose from a variety of widgets that add Multi-Touch interactivity to your book
• Add a photo gallery, chapter review, movie, audio file, Keynote presentation, scrolling sidebar, dynamic pop-over, interactive image with callouts, 3D object, or custom HTML anywhere in your book
• Many widgets include placeholders for titles and captions and are automatically numbered so you can reference them in your main text
• Add accessibility descriptions to any widget so that it can be used by sight-impaired readers easily with VoiceOver
Export for iBooks Store or iTunes U
• Preview your book in iBooks on iPhone, iPad and on Mac to see how it looks and works
• Submit your book to the iBooks Store for sale or free download in a few simple steps
• Export your book in iBooks format to share on iTunes U or to give to others
• Export your book as a PDF file
• OS X 10.10 or later
• 2GB of RAM
• 1.2GB of available disk space
• Keynote 6.0 or later (required for importing presentations created in Keynote 6.0+)
• Pages 5.0 or later (required for importing documents created in Pages 5.0+)
• iBooks for iOS 4.3 or later (required for previewing on an iOS device)
• iBooks for Mac 1.2 or later (required for previewing on Mac)
• iTunes Producer 2.9 or later (required for book publishing)
• Network Connection (required for book publishing)
What's New in Version 2.4.1
• Security updates
Apple needs to advance capabilities in this program if they indend it being a tool allowing authors easy creation and publishing of iBooks. I tried this program first starting by creating a book from templates and found very limited in grouping and organizing chapters and sections. The program doesn’t allow adding a footnote in any fashion and other items authors need when creating works. I then created something using Pages and imported it into iBook Author. I added footnotes in iPages because I was citing work. I’m working on a historical book and do need to cite sources and even sections of others work. Well, iBook Author completely destroyed my footnotes, broke down organization created in iPages using headings and even destroyed the index automatically created in Pages.
Apple developers, authors need full word processing features when writing books. Even novelists are writing themselves notes, organizing them while they write. Without the basic heading organization, footnotes, and more simplistic text editing; the program is only going to be used by someone writing a novel and more than likely they will use it only for their first attempt.
Great Ap if you use an OS or iOS.
On the Menu: NOTES Tab, Please Reassign the Hyperlink from Page No to Highlighted text. :)
I’ve been working on my first book and had gone through several revisions. I recently updated the same book on IBA and viewed it on iBooks.
On the NOTES tab, a revision retains items that had been highlighted - This is great!! It also retains the actual Page # when the highlight was saved.
However, my revision moved the text to a different page so when I click on the link which is the Page No, the link takes me to that page, but the text is
missing because the revision relocated it.
On the NOTES tab, can the hyperlink be on the Highlighted Text instead of the Page No? And can the Page No be replaced so it Echos or shows
the actual or current page number where the highlighted text is located.
Much Thanks and Keep up the great work! :)
The NOTES Tab is an underexplored/undervalued Function. A lot of Time/Thought/Energy is save from this Tool. I hope a revision can be made to
restore the much needed Functional Use. :)
Fancy, and Only Imports from Pages and Word
I would like to be able to convert pdfs to epubs, so I can read them, on my e-reader, without too much eye strain. I can use Textedit to clear out formatting and [step-by-step] clear out the line breaks. I thought this would let me organize the results into simple readable epubs.
But this is for fancy epubs, and can't open existing epubs, and this doesn’t import from Textedit, which is the best to clear out formatting, or from LibreOffice, which is my usual word processor, only from Pages or Word. I don’t see why I should need one more step in the process: pdf -> txt -> pages or doc -> epub.
I don’t know about multitouch. I can’t use multitouch with my disabilities, and don’t understand why multitouch would have anything to do with e-readers.
It also contains painful animation. For example, when I try and fail to open existing epubs, it has an animated graphic of flipping to the file selection screen and back.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 29, 2016
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 419 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later