Sol: Sun Clock — sunrise, sunset, and golden hours. Solar alarm clock.
By Juggleware, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get reminded when it's sunrise or sunset, wherever you travel! Great for photographers-- find the golden hour times on any date, anywhere.
Sol: Sun Clock is the Swiss army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial. Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, plan the perfect photograph or to map out the best times to go fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device's GPS... no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Fixes an iOS 8 issue on iPhone with the date selector on the main screen, and updates notifications and location updates to be compatible with iOS 8's new privacy permissions.
This thing is awesome. Has every detail, it's beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE all the customizable options for the alarms! Just now realized I can zoom in and out on the main view too, so cool! Only suggestion for improvement: I have several alarms setup, and it would be great if I can drag them into a different order, currently it lists in the order I created them and I don't seem to be able to rearrange them in the list. THANK YOU so much for this amazing app, I can't live without it.
Can't drive after dark
Thank you very much. I use the alarms EVERYDAY because I can't drive after dark. I set the alarm for 35 minutes before sunset to pack up and drive home at that moment. I don't have to be unkind to others by watching my watch and worrying. Great app thank you again.
A useful app for anyone who wants to remain mindful of time, the golden hours of the day, dawn and dusk. If you are looking for a watch that situates public time within the rhythm of the sun, this app does the job. If you want to stop and smell the roses even when roses aren't in bloom, you will appreciate this app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Juggleware, LLC
- © 2011-2014 Juggleware LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.