By TechSmith Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Snagit screen capture app gives you all the tools you need to create clear online visuals. Snag any image and enhance it with effects or create a quick video of your computer screen. Then share your creations instantly with anyone in your network.
Snagit’s quick and easy screen capture process lets you snag an image of anything on your computer screen. Use your screenshots to show something to your friends on Facebook and Twitter, make an eye-catching presentation, bring a dull tutorial to life, and more.
With Snagit, it’s easy to record anything that happens on your computer screen, with no time limitations. Whether you need to create a quick series of videos for employee orientation or demonstrate a new website or application, the possibilities are endless.
Instantly show off your creations to anyone. With the Screencast.com output you can upload, manage, view and share all of your images and videos. Snagit also gives you the freedom to share to YouTube, your website, blog, or anywhere you like. With Snagit, it doesn't take much to explain a concept or an idea—your visuals do all the talking.
New in 2.1.2 – Optimized for Retina display on the MacBook Pro.
Need Help? Click the Snagit Support link for free technical support from TechSmith.
What's New in Version 2.1.7
- Fixed a crash on launch for users with computers configured with non-US locales.
- Fixed a crash when adjusting properties on some of the tools.
Exceded my expectations
I work in design and marketing in the tech industry. I purchased Snagit because my boss wanted us all to have consistent screenshots for our support documentation. I originally thought, "wow.. thats pretty expensive for some screen shot program… ". Since then, I have adopted it into my workflow and realized how much I was originally underestimating this program. I now use screenshots to communitcate in more situations I wouldn't have thought to use them before.
My favorite parts:
• EASY - I didn't have to read a manuel, I didn't have to watch a video - this program is designed to be learned easily and intuitivly.
• EFFICIENT - The additional drawing and styling tools make communicating your ideas fast and easy - why write out a paragraph trying to describe the part of the image your talking about when you can just point it out with an arrow and a quick note?
• GET THE WHOLE SHEBANG - The scrolling feature takes a screenshot of the entire content of a window, instead of just what is showing on your screen. This makes communicating your designs or collecting examples of other designs a snap.
Snagit is one of my top 5 favorite programs. Thanks!
Not the current version….
I purchase a lot of software from the APP Store and I really expect more in customer service. I make this comment hoping either Apple or TechSmith will address my concerns.
Version 2.1.7 is not the current version that can be purchased from the web site. I’ve complained to Apple as well TechSmith.
I purchased iCare Unlimited (for an additional $8) and was able to uninstall the trial version so I can install the 2.1.7 version (is out of date).
If you buy 2.1.7 on the App Store, to upgrade to the current version will cost another $25. The current version on the Web site is also $50. Don’t download the trial version and then try to purchase on the App Store. Version 2.1.7 will not work if you delete the trial and install. Works OK if you do a virgin install. installing after you delete the trial will not work (unless you perform some kind of system delete).
If TechSmith is going to sell their software on the App store, the software should be kept up to date. Or Apple should require that the software be kept up to date. OR SIMPLY DON’T SELL ON THE APP STORE. It isn’t FAIR to the purchaser of the software. So Buyer Beware!
Software I purchase on the APP store should be up to date or I should be notified of the fact before the purchase.
Apple and the producers of the software owe this to the buyer.
Great little App
When I moved to the Mac a year ago, one of the first things I needed was a tool to capture screen shots. I bought and downloaded Snagit and have loved it. I've loved it for the following reasons:
- always on side shelf that makes it easy to grab any screen shot.
- lots of options to grab the whole screen or part of a screen
- very helpful arrows you can click that will do the scroll down or scroll side when grabbing something.
Here's where it can use some improvement
- editing anything takes a lot more effort than I expected. I came from a cool little windows tool where it was a piece of cake to erase a few things, add comments to the image, etc. For long time Mac users, it's probably a piece of cake but I still really struggle when I grab something and need to do a little editing. I wish the snagit folks would make that part a LOT easier
You may ask why I still rank Snagit as a four star app. Well, 95% of what I do is what they got right. 5% is where they can improve it. Overall, it's a great tool.