younity - Access and share movies, music, photos and files off any computer (PC, Mac) from your iPhone or iPad
By Entangled Media Corp.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access and share all your media on your computer from your iPhone or iPad.
***IMPORTANT*** younity must be installed on both your computer and your iPhone or iPad. Visit www.getyounity.com to install younity on your desktop devices.
- Stream any movie, video, or GoPro file from your computer to your iPhone or iPad
- Stream your entire music collection and playlists from your computer to your iPhone or iPad
- Access photos stored on your computer to view, share, post to social media, and open in photo editing apps
- Stream music to bluetooth speakers or car radios
- Stream music to any AirPlay enabled device, TV or stereo
SHARE FILES & CONTENT:
- Privately share any file or folder, photo album, music album or playlist on any computer with your friends (via peer-to-peer)
- Send a private message to your friends when you share files
- Chat with your friends about files you are sharing (from within younity)
- Your shared files cannot be downloaded or re-shared
- Shared files automatically expire in 7 days
POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Publish photos on your computer directly to Instagram with one click
- Post photos stored on your computer to Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Weibo, Path and others
- Save photos on your computer to iOS Camera Roll, open in VSCO Cam or other editors
iPHOTO/APPLE PHOTOS & ADOBE LIGHTROOM INTEGRATION:
- Access all your iPhoto/Apple Photos libraries, across all your computers, including photo albums
- Access all your Adobe Lightroom catalogs, including Collections and Folders
- Share photos or entire albums P2P with friends (low-resolution copies)
- Download full-resolution files to edit locally in other apps, including Lightroom Mobile, VSCOCam, Instagram and others
ACCESS ALL YOUR FILES:
- View the files and media libraries of all your computers from your iOS devices
- Merge your iTunes libraries and accounts for easy access
- Automatically discover your GoPro video library and build a catalog of it
- Access Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, Google Drive and other online services all in one place
- Print documents or photos to most printers via WiFi or AirPrint
- Email or SMS files to anyone you know
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
"younity is a Snapchat for everything" - Boy Genius Report
"Cloud service that could change your life" - Fast Company @Co.LABS
"Amazing startups to watch in 2014" - VentureBeat
younity is a "zero knowledge" personal media server - your files and file metadata are never stored online.
What's New in Version 1.12.2
Fixed: annoying bug that had landscape photos shown only in the middle of the screen while your phone was in landscape mode.
Fixed: bug that confused younity if all your files were only stored on an external drive.
Fixed: bug where photos stored in an Apple Photos library were not able to be posted directly to Instagram.
Fixed: bug where music artwork occasionally does not show.
Fixed: Google authentication bug causing that method of login to fail.
Fixed: sorting bug in Apple Photos libraries and the "More" button not showing up in those views.
Added: ability for new accounts to get a shared file from your friends at younity, helping you understand how the app works.
Added: localized the app in Portuguese and Italian.
Changed: removed 1 of 2 ways to post to Instagram (the one where you still had to crop your image) - kept the method accessed via "Open in..."
Okay for streaming, but needs HD
It won't stream in high quality or give you an option to do so. It tries to stream videos in the highest possible quality WITHOUT BUFFERRING, problem is I like high quality and don't mind the buffering. Plus some network connections are so slow that you get a quality well below 480p, down to an unwatchable eye sore.
Wish it worked but it doesn't
Sadly after many weeks of indexing and updating, my music is still not available on any of my iOS devices. It worked when I restricted younity to about 100 songs by forcing the search path, but does not work at all with my full library of music (~25k songs, representing >20 years of collecting and digitizing CD's). Good idea, failed execution. Would give 0 stars but can't.
not easy/ intuitive to use
Every time I want to pick a track of playlist to play, it tells me it’s not available online. There’s no easy way to pick which tracks are already downloaded. It’s not great to have to hunt for available music. The process of having to select individual tracks to download is onerous too.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 21, 2016
- Version: 1.12.2
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Entangled Media Corp.
- © 2016 Entangled Media Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.