A Jazzy Day - Music Education Book for Kids
By The Melody Book
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Does your child know what a tenor saxophone looks like or what a guitar sounds like? This top educational app offers your kids a brand new musical learning experience!
Apple's Best app for Ages 5 & Under • Gold Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award • Parents' Choice Award • NYTimes apps to acknowledge •
A JAZZY DAY – SWINGING WITH THE BIG BAND is a fun and interactive story that will teach your child about music instruments. The book features original illustrations and music, as well as sounds from real acoustic instruments. Join the two cute kittens as they visit the Jazz Big Band and meet the animal musicians. Play and put your knowledge to the test.
CREATED BY PROFESSIONAL MUSIC EDUCATORS - DESIGNED FOR YOUNG KIDS
• Easy to use interactive pages designed for little fingers.
• Original Jazz Big Band music from professional musicians.
• Read to Me - reads and plays the story automatically.
• Read it Myself - allows you to read the story at your own pace.
• Educational Games : "Find the instrument" and "Which instrument sounds like this".
• Take a picture with the musical kittens and share your photo.
• This app will teach and inspire your child to start playing a music instrument.
The music instruments featured in the book are:
Thanks to all of our supporters! We are honored by the fantastic reviews:
• "This game will lay down the first foundations of musical education and be the first step towards your child wanting to play an instrument—something I still regret never doing." - Wired/Geekmom
• "Every so often an app blows me away, and A Jazzy Day was successful at doing just that." PadGadget
• "A winning app. This highly user-friendly primer gives kids both a macro and micro lesson about jazz music." - Kirkus Reviews
• "Truly exceptional app" - iPad App Review
• "Superb blend of high quality animation, original music, great story-telling, interactivity, and game playing. BRAVO!" - iHeart This App
• "This melody book is amazing! The kittens are adorable and the music is really great!" - Musicians With Apps
• "A family that loves music, and feels music is important, will benefit from having A Jazzy Day. The story is cute and the games are excellent." - Apptudes
• "A Jazzy Day is a great app that helps broaden children’s knowledge of instruments and gives them a new appreciation for music." - The iPhone Mom
• "A fantastic introduction to the sound, shapes and names of instruments in beautiful and unpretentious solid app." - Apps 4 Kids
If you are having SOUND issues use this EASY FIX: http://themelodybook.com/faq-jazzy
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.9
play again feature
A Jazzy World vs Jazzy Day
Jazzy World is VERY disappointing. Cute app if the sound worked. Some countries like Ireland work, other countries like Kenya there is no sound. Australia sound works on some but not on others or only works for half of the reading material. I am sorry I purchased and would like my money back if that were possible. If the sound worked I would be a very happy purchaser of the application and give it 5 stars. As it stands I wish I could give it no stars. For the price I Expect the product to work! I purchased Jazzy Day first, the quality on Jazzy World is very poor
Interactive Jazz for Small Children
This is a fun and unique story app for young children. In addition to hearing the story and having characters react when you press on them, this app demonstrates many of the instruments used in jazz with an opportunity to combine their sounds. The vibraphone is especially fun because you can tap the bars and play songs. My only suggestions for improvement are to eliminate the gender stereotypes with the trombones. Thanks!
My first graders just love this story with the wonderful musical instruments! Each child wants to guess what instrument is played in the interactive game. The sound of each instrument is so clear and beautiful! It is easy for the children to manipulate the instruments and make them bigger or smaller as they move them around the screen. They want to hear this one over and over again!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 04, 2014
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 66.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: The Melody Book LLC
- © The Melody Book
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.