MLB.com At Bat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MLB.com At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** NEW FOR AT BAT IN 2016 ****
- Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts and highlight clips (iPhone 6+, select iPads only; requires Premium subscription)
- Get notifications for Cut4’s offbeat short-form content
- App design improvement, including News section (landscape) and Gameday pitch tracking
**** ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES LAUNCHED IN 2016 ****
- Introducing Portrait and Landscape orientations (iPad only)
- Multitasking split view to keep At Bat open (select iPads only)
- Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads only)
- App redesign includes Videos, Sortable Stats and more
****AT BAT SUBSCRIBPTIONS****
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat premium features for free.
****At Bat Features****
- Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day or access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
- See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions)
- Access to every decisive replay review video clip and explanation via Gameday (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts and highlight clips (iPhone 6+, select iPads only; At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
- Customize At Bat's home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
- Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
- Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
- Closed captioning for live video
- Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
- Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish (iPhone & iPad)
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2016 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 9.1.3
• General Improvements
Good but could be better
This is a good app for out of state fans to watch their home team play. Not so good if you are in-state. Due to politics with the cable companies you cannot watch the Tigers play if you are in Michigan, you cannot watch the Mets play if you are in New York, etc... That is just terrible. And if the game is on FOX you cannot watch it no matter where you are.
Another negative is the iPhone app doesn't give you the ability watch on a delay. If the game starts at 7pm, the Roku app will allow me to watch the game at 10pm if I want to and I can fast forward and rewind and even choose to jump straight to certain innings. On the iPhone app I cannot do that. iPhone only allows you to jump 30 seconds forward or backwards but only to an extent.
If the playback features in the iPhone app were more like the Roku app it would be much better. If you can watch your team in the same state/city they play for that would be much better. Sometimes lag is also an issue. Not a terrible app but could be so much better.
Been better - notifications both make and break it
As a baseball lover I have always really enjoyed this app. It allows me to listen to games and keep up on what's happening around the league. One of my favorite things is the great notifications... Except they have really taken a turn for the worse. They send you timely updates as to what's happening in games with teams you're interested in, which is awesome. However last year—and this year even worse—they have turned into more "ad-type" notifications. Instead of sending me things I'm interested in like game updates etc, they also spam me with stuff trying to get me to read certain articles. Or they do something annoying like call grand slams "papa slams" because of advertising deals. It drives me insane. All I want to do is have finer control of what kind of junk pops up on my phone. I would like to receive the pertinent baseball information I used to get (game updates, trades, etc.) and turn off all the crappy stuff but it's either all or nothing and that is unfortunately ruining the app for me.
Fantastic as always
At Bat is the best thing to ever happen to entertainment technology. It is very user friendly and seamless. I long for the day that I can stream my local games so I can cancel cable once and for all, but I can't complain. I love the addition of the ability to view in 4-way split screen but it will not do it on an iPad. That would be great. You can drop the video into a smaller screen and do additional web browsing while watching and that's great. I usually have 4 games going on my MacBook, the local blackout game on the tele, a game on each iPad and one on my phone. It's a baseball addict's Nirvana. There are two negatives: At Bat isn't supported by Chrome so my Chromebook only streamed games on occasion. Other times it would not load. The other is the strain it can put on your social life, haha. I can't justify leaving the house when I know there is so much baseball to be watched. My poor girlfriend... Lol
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 9.1.3
- Size: 78.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- © 2016 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- At Bat Premium$2.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- At Bat Premium Annual$19.99
- At Bat$3.99
- At Bat$3.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- Apple TV Monthly$24.99
- 2015 MLB.TV Premium Yearly$24.99
- 2014 MLB.TV Offseason Package$24.99
- MLB.TV Premium Yearly$24.99