Speed is a drop-dead simple speedometer for iOS that uses the location data from the GPS to provide a near-accurate representation of how fast you're actually traveling.
Featuring lush graphics and a clear, legible display. Speed has an inbuilt compass and odometer/tripmeter. With support for miles, kilometers and knots, Speed is the perfect road, sea or air speedometer.
Simply swipe the screen upwards to reveal the settings pane.
New in 4.0, use the Watch app to quickly check your speed without taking out your iPhone - great for cyclists!
As this works using the GPS, you will have to be moving at a certain minimum speed for it to register - walking or running generally won't work. An iPhone or iPad WiFi+Cellular with a GPS is required for this app; it will not work with a WiFi-only iPad.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
STUCK AT 0?
Verify that you have allowed location services for Speed in the Settings application. Also make sure you have good GPS coverage!
• Redesigned UI - a cleaner, more legible dial
• A new Apple Watch app to let you quickly check your speed without taking out your iPhone - great for cyclists
• Supports split-screen multitasking on iPad
If you enjoy this app, please leave a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Love the simple design
It works very well and I use this app almost everyday. I like that I can use my watch now instead of mounting my phone up.
Suggestions I have for the next version. I like that the dial thing turns red when I reach 60mph. I go through 55mph zones a lot, so it's easy to notice when I'm speeding. Would be neat if it could automatically set what the speed limits are on different roads and change colors as I'm hitting the limit. Or at least give the option of setting this manually by swiping on my watch's or iPhone's screen. Adding on to that, how about some vibration feedback on the watch as I hit that speed limit so I can keep my eyes on the road rather than glancing at the watch every so often.
Anyway, this is easily my favorite speedometer app and I'm looking forward to any new version in the future. Doubt I'm ever going to get my car's speedometer fixed, might as well use something cooler.
Im not sure what happened in between the last updates, but this app is almost unusable now. I had really high hopes for new features you said were coming but so far nothing.
The speedo lags significantly behind my actual speed. The map looks like its having a hard time keeping up with my location and does not move smoothly but jerky every few seconds.
The slide up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the settings has also become very sporadic and not responding to swipes and touches as one would expect.
I don't have any GPS signal issues with any other GPS apps on my iPad. Apple maps, Google maps as well as Navigon all perform perfectly fine and I never have issues with any of those.
This app used to work fine, but now something is seriously broken.
I still have high hopes for this app but I won't hold my breath.
Beautiful Simplicity, Great Dashboard Companion!
I have been looking for a nice, minimalist app that I can have open will cradled in my car dock when I don't need turn-by-turn directions – I have everything I need, and more, in this app. The only problem is the GPS – it would be nice to have it flow smoothly as you drive, instead of stutter along at the bottom of the map.
- Steven Troughton-Smith
- 32.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2016 High Caffeine Content
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.