Waygo Translator & Dictionary
By Translate Abroad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waygo is the award winning leader in visual translation services, your offline translator and dictionary app for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Our technology allows you to hover your phone's camera over foreign text and instantly translate and read that text.
Real customer reviews:
"It was my 'Life Saver' in my trip to China..."
"Using it now in Japan!. So worth the cost of lifetime translations..."
"A must for travel to China..."
"Happy User. Perfect! Very Useful!"
Perfect for travel in China, Japan and Korea, you can instantly read text and learn the language. No data connection needed translate offline anywhere you go.
Why should I choose Waygo?
- Free to download and try with all languages included
- Instant offline translation that we built from the ground up
- Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Kanji, Korean
- Use your video camera as a visual translator or dictionary
- No data connection required
- Translate any menu or sign and never feel lost in translation again
- See the pronunciation of the words and learn how to say it
- Simply point and translate foreign text to English
- Share your translations through SMS, Facebook, Twitter and Email
We have been featured repeatedly in ABC News, The New York Times, TechCrunch, The Next Web, Tech In Asia, GigaOm, Forbes, Technode, e27 and VentureBeat.
This free trial is limited to 10 daily translations. Add languages in the upper right menu. Upgrade to unlimited translations though the in app purchases.
Waygo Translator & Dictionary is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 7.0 and up, as long as they have a rear-facing camera.
1. Best used on clear Chinese, Japanese and Korean text (currently does not recognize stylized fonts or handwriting)
2. Intended for use on printed text, not computer screens
3. Designed for clear menus, signs and labels, not books or complicated text
4. If the text is small, hold the phone further away and use the zoom to translate more clearly
5. If text is blurry, tap the screen to focus
- Chinese (Simplified) to English
- Chinese (Traditional) to English
- Japanese to English
- Korean to English
- more coming soon!
Go to www.WaygoApp.com/menu to try Waygo translator now on a sample Chinese menu.
* Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/WaygoApp
* Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WaygoApp
NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We appreciate your feedback. Please send any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.11
* Bug fixes
Biased toward food translations
(Only used Chinese option) In general, it works very well. The live mode is an especially nice feature. However, the recognition is biased toward providing translations for food items. It does recognize basic items like "street", "hotel", "reservation", "man", etc, as well as numbers, but specific names of places are left untranslated (i.e., you can't really read a map with it).
Works great in live mode. The in-image replacement mode is clunky and not useful and mostly a gimmick so I don't use it, but the regular mode makes up for it. I wish I could click through to Pleco though since the translations aren't always that great. It's an OCR app, not a comprehensive dictionary. Pleco integration would make it awesome.
Taste like Chicken
Must have for China. Knowing what I can order has greatly improved my experience in China. Gives me the confidence to order many more dishes and ends up being a good conversation piece. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 4.11
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Translate Abroad, Inc.
- © Translate Abroad, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Use$6.99
- Japanese to EnglishFree
- One Week Use$1.99
- Chinese to EnglishFree