By ShockPanda Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LETTERBOX - WORD SEARCH IN 3D!
From the creators of the critically acclaimed Cubes vs. Spheres comes the next evolution in word games. Swipe to rotate around a tower of letters and power blocks 7 wide, 7 deep, and up to 10 tall, as you try to find words to whittle away the board.
- Play words in 3D, around corners, inside-out and upside-down.
- Utilize super power-ups like bombs, rotate blocks, the powerful quake block, and more!
- Employ special letter blocks like wilds and over-sized large blocks to make high-scoring words.
- Compete on GAMECENTER leader boards for high scores, best words, and percentage cleared.
- Chill out to an incredible music soundtrack by UK artist Yung Sir.
- Test your vocabulary in 3 dimensions!
3 UNIQUELY AWESOME MODES
- CLEAR MODE: 3 letter blocks fall from the sky each time you play a word. Keep ahead of the game by playing longer words and using power-ups! Can you clear 100%?
- PANIC MODE: Letter blocks fall over time, speeding up as you play. Clear words as fast as you can so they don't reach the top. How long can you survive?
- CHILL MODE: Just a relaxing word search. Take your time and clear as much as you can before you run out of words. Hint: Use those power-ups and wilds wisely.
If you like word games, this one is great. It is challenging. You start by forming words on the surface of the large block of letter cubes. As you form words, the letters are removed so you soon you no longer have a smooth block but a block with cavities of visible letters in deeper layers. Now you can rotate the block and use letters in the cavities as well. The movements are smooth, fluidlike. There are special blocks that allow you to do things such as shake the block to compact it, remove a line of letters, etc., so there is a lot more to the game than simply finding words.
I have Scrabble and WWF. This game is every bit as good. It's better in that there's no advertising at all. There's no mode for playing other players. I'm not sure that's needed. This game became a favorite right away, it's just so well done.
It's a very good game, very well done.
Beautiful and incredibly addictive!
BUT, I do have a wish list!
1. Different music options would be nice. Less beat, more ethereal.
2. When getting to the bottom level, I feel like it's disappearing off the screen a little. Make the vertical tilt more aggressive or something, or shift the camera when nearing 90%. (Likewise, consider making it easier to peek at the top deck of the tower.)
3. Different cube colors or backgrounds (themes, etc) would be awesome. (As would be a free floating pile, instead of anchored to a surface.)
4. Multiplayer. Think "Bluetooth vs" matches, where both players are attacking the same pile!
Otherwise, this game is well worth the money I was going to spend on a latte this evening. LOVING me some "Chill Mode!"
Incredibly addictive, but...
Just picked this up a few days ago, and I can't stop playing! The three modes are different enough that you can enjoy different strategies and levels of involvement. I prefer "chill mode" because I'm playing to UNwind rather than getting wound up, but "panic mode" can be fun from time to time.
The only problem I've seen is that sometimes the proper cubes don't disappear, leaving me more to clear than I should. Also, sometimes cubes will not drop when it appears they should. All in all, though, a great way to pass some time.
- Category: Games
- Released: Apr 05, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShockPanda LLC
- © 2012 ShockPanda
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, and iPod touch.