Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featuring an all-new, streamlined design that’s more beautiful and simpler than ever, iPhoto gives you powerful yet easy ways to browse, organize, edit, and share your photos. Enhance your pictures with Multi-Touch tools that let you adjust color, exposure and apply beautiful photo effects. Create custom slideshows that you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward using touch gestures. Share your favorite photos by publishing them as web journals via iCloud. Order professional-quality prints in traditional sizes or as square prints, posters, and stunning wide-format panoramas. You can even turn your favorite photos into gorgeous hardcover photo books using just a few taps and swipes on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• Use simple gestures to quickly sort through hundreds or thousands of photos
• Tap to flag any photo, apply a descriptive tag, or mark it as a favorite
• Advanced filtering lets you find just the photos you want by multiple criteria, such as Flag, Tags, and Favorites
• Simply touch and drag the parts of the image you want to change
• Use gestures to selectively adjust blue skies, greenery, and warmth
• Drag the white balance loupe to make precise color corrections
• All image adjustments are completely nondestructive
• Use your fingertip to paint photo adjustments right where you need them
• Lighten, darken, and change saturation or sharpness selectively
• Paint out spots and blemishes with a powerful Repair brush
• Brush away red-eye or use the Soften brush to minimize wrinkles
• Enhance your photos with dozens of beautiful Apple-designed effects
• Use the new Drama effects to accentuate color contrast in your images
• Create a perfectly toned black-and-white photo by simply dragging your finger
• Pinch and zoom a vignette or tilt-shift filter to focus on a key part of the photo
Professional-Quality Photo Books
• Create beautiful, customized hardcover photo books
• Choose one of four elegant Apple-designed square-format themes
• Select a set of photos and iPhoto automatically flows them into a book
• Use simple gestures to swap photos and pages
• Your book is uploaded to Apple for professional printing and binding
• Books can be shipped to multiple recipients in a single order
Custom Photo Prints
• Sizes include traditional (such as 4x6 or 8x10), square and even panoramic formats
• Print your photos as posters up to 20x30 inches
• With the Auto-Sized option, choose a height and your photos will be printed in variable widths to preserve the original aspect ratio
• Choose between glossy and lustre finishes
• Your photos are uploaded to Apple, printed on high-quality paper, and shipped directly to you
• Share your stories in a whole new way as beautiful photo journals
• iPhoto automatically flows your pictures into a great-looking layout that’s fun to personalize
• Touch and drag to add captions, maps, dates, weather, national flags, and even local currency
• Publish your photo journals to iCloud as stunning web pages
• Choose one of 12 Apple-designed themes, including new themes such as Flip-Up and Portfolio
• Use gestures to pause, rewind, and fast-forward your slideshows
• Customize the order of your photos
• Share slideshows via iCloud and invite friends and family to view them in a web browser
Other Great iPhoto Features
• Edit high-resolution photos—up to 36.5 megapixels—on certain devices
• Share photos directly to iMovie and other compatible iOS apps
• Use AirPlay to stream photos and slideshows to Apple TV
Some features require an iCloud account and/or compatible Internet access.
AirPlay is compatible with the second-generation Apple TV or later.
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
What's New in Version 2.0
• All-new streamlined design
• Create and order professionally printed hardback photo books
• Order pro-quality prints in a variety of sizes, including square and panoramic
• Create custom slideshows that can be interactively controlled during playback with touch gestures
• New photo effects, including Drama, Camera Filters and improved Black & White
• Advanced search controls for filtering photo views by multiple criteria, such as Favourites, Tags and Flags
• Share photos directly from iPhoto using Messages
• Add national flags and currency widgets to web journal layouts
• Improved support for panoramas in web journal layouts
• Photos in the Camera Roll can now be deleted from within iPhoto
• White balance controls now include an “Underwater” option
• Panoramic photos are displayed as wide-format pano thumbnails in grid views
• AirDrop photos, web journals and slideshows to other iOS 7 devices
• New image processing system for improved rendering and performance
• 64-bit support
Doesn't do some basics
This is an app where function takes a back seat to form.
The design is snazzy and there are some nice filter effects. The design is such that those effects can be a little fiddly to deal with, small icons and such.
I bought this thinking I could do real iPhoto-type organization: create and edit events, delete photos from the photo stream, and so on.
Nope. Doesn't do this.
And the effects are all easily had in other apps, and are frankly easier and more ergonomic in several other less expensive apps. This is flash which turns out to be mostly superficial. I had high hopes but can't recommend.
Apple, please make iPhoto for iOS what it is supposed to be: a photo organization tool with a few minor editing options. You need to be able to delete from photostream, and you need to be able to access/edit the events in the Mac version.
I like it
I don't understand what people are complaint about. It doesn't crash. It's intuitive. The help icon is excellent. I can easily crop photos, add the usual silly filters (if I am so inclined), it keeps the original photo so it's kind of like the newer photoshop fx where everything is an alteration just kind of layered on top (even crops). If you thought you were going to do professional photo editing on an iPad for $5, I guess you'll be disappointed. It is NOT focused on photo organizing - I didn't think it would be but I guess some folks believe it should be. Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with it.
Found a significant bug
Ok so if you edit a picture in iPhoto it appears to save the edit when you view it in the regular Photos edit, however it doesn’t save the edit when you share it or if you click on edit in the Photos app you can then see it isn’t really saved. The only solution is to save it from iPhoto which means now you have 2 photos that look like they are both edited but only one of them really is so you have to open each one in the photos app and then click Edit to find out which is the edited photo. Switching back to Aviary Photo Editor.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 22, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 287 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.