Flight Control Rocket
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s Flight Control… But Not As You Know It!
This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info
Flight Control Rocket is the next evolution of Firemint's genre-defining #1 hit, Flight Control.
Leave the terrestrial skies of Earth and venture into a whole new galaxy of adventure, action, and addictive path-drawing gameplay!
NEW VOYAGES AWAIT
• 10 new Motherships!
• New ‘Rescue’ game mode!
• 4 new Bots!
Simple Game, Stellar Content
• The classic Flight Control experience – but with a retro Sci-Fi inspired flavor and pace all of its own
• 15 spacecraft with unique abilities and characteristics
• Thrilling game modes such as the fast-paced Infinity and the expansive Odyssey
• A cast of quirky Robots with special powers that help boost your score
• Unlock a near endless number of stages. Push onward and venture to the farthest frontiers…
• Multiple lives means one collision isn't the end of your daring ion-powered adventure. The galaxy loves a risk-taker…
• Keep your fleet fully stocked with goodies from the Shop
• Compete with the galaxy’s top captains on the online leaderboards
• Prove your worth as a commander and claim Game Center achievements that will test your mettle… and that of your Mothership!
Prepare to be amazed… your trip through the vast unknown is about to begin!
Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
• 10 brand new motherships have been discovered in deep space! Safely guide your ships to some incredible locations including the stellar ‘Valkyrie’, curious ‘Deep-Space Angler’, as well as the familiar ‘Hawaii’ and ‘Outback’ Motherships!
• All Motherships can be used in every game mode!
NEW ‘Rescue’ game mode!
• Save the astronauts in ‘Rescue’ mode! Use similarly colored ships to save adrift astronauts – using the wrong ship can knock you off course!
• 4 new Bots to help boost your score!
• Swift Swarm – speeds up Green Swarm ships when they’re on target
• Resurrection – adds a chance to gain a life after losing your last life
• Dropper – Dropper ship drones can sometimes land on the green runway
• Personal Trainer – Boost the XP gained by each active Bot
• Continues now limited to 3 per game
• Game modes now unlocked by landing ships
• Leaderboards are now more responsive
• Numerous small additional fixes and optimizations
A game Zynga would be proud of
If you liked the original Flight Control, there is still fun to be had and the mechanics of the game are still entertaining. Unfortunately the game quickly feels like a typical EA cash grab.
Everything is about getting more coins rather that beating your score, because it's by spending coins that you will beat your score. Theoretically, you don't actually need to spend real money to get real coins, but accumulating money takes so long while playing that you are highly encouraged to do so.
Want to continue in order to beat your score? That will cost you coins. Want some gems to increase your XP faster? More coins.
In itself the coin based economy would not have bothered me so much. Done properly it could have added an interesting dimension but because EA wants you to spend actual money, the whole system is overly complicated as a result.
The worst example of this is that the avatar you use to play will run out of batteries after a few plays and you need to spend coins to buy new batteries or wait for something like an hour to be ale to play again. There is a default avatar that does not suffer from this, but gaining XP with it is of course much slower.
Should you get this game? I think if you liked the original Flight Control, you will enjoy this. Just don't use any real cash to buy coins, don't give them ideas!
Solid, entertaining game! A good evolution of the classic flight control game.
The game is essentially the same game as Flight Control, but with with different graphics and backgrounds. The new modes and challenges make it much more interesting. All upgrades are based on coins, which you earn by playing the game. You can, of course, buy more coins by in-app purchases, but there are no features which require you to spend any more money.
All in all, it's a fun game with some fun new twists that will please any fan of the original Flight Control.
Great game, great pay system
This game is a lot like flight control except with more variety. There are 3 different game modes and a variety of configurations of landing strips to choose from. There's also a power up and combo system.
One of my favorite things about this game is that you can get the powerups and such without having to pay real money. It will take you longer if you don't pay, but it's still possible and doesn't take an unreasonable amount of time. All in all, 5 stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 03, 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- © 2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 5,000 Coins$1.99
- 25,000 Coins$4.99
- 2,000 Coins$0.99
- 5,000 Coins$1.99
- 20,000 Coins$2.99
- 100,000 Coins$9.99
- 45,000 Coins$4.99
- 100,000 Coins$14.99
- 250,000 Coins$29.99
- 1,000,001 Coins$49.99