By D. Brad Talton Jr.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience head-to-head card gaming like never before with BattleCON for iOS. Play online against opponents all over the world in fast-paced duels of strategy, wits, and skill!
Watch the how-to-play video at www.battleconnection.com!
Battle Connection is a dueling card game where two fighters utilize tactics, unique strategy, and technical finesse to outwit and outfight opponents in fast-paced one-on-one duels. Gauge your opponents' strengths and intentions and play the perfect move to come out ahead!
BattleCON is unique among card games in that each character utilizes a totally different play mechanic to power their strategy. Gain levels, tap into the elements, control time, or change between forms. Each duel is not just a different matchup, but a wholly different game!
BattleCON for iOS is a direct port of BattleCON: War of Indines, the hit card game published earlier this year. It includes two brand new characters, Shekhtur and Eligor, as well as ten returning fighters from the standalone card game.
- Play online against gamecenter friends.
- Local head to head play on a single device.
- Free to play with 4 characters unlocked at start and eight additional characters to unlock, each with a unique gameplay mechanic and alternate costume!
- Unlock extra characters through gameplay alone OR via in-app purchase--it's up to you.
- Training and Tutorial modes to get new players started up and winning in no time.
- All the awesome action of BattleCON, streamlined and distilled into a top-notch digital format.
- Crisp, high-quality retina graphics on supported devices.
- Universal app works on your iPod, iPhone, and iPad.
Who will like BattleCON?
- Fans of Collectible Card Games
- Fighting Game fans
- Strategy Game enthusiasts
...and plus, it's free to play, so why not try it out and see for yourself?!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Fixed a bug that prevented GameCenter Features from being used.
Great Gameplay, Poor UI design
The only reason I gave this 5 stars is because Brad is a champion and the board game version is a masterwork in game design.
That being said, being a gamer and iOS developer myself, this app has a very poorly designed UI. I'm speaking purely from a usability point of view, but it's very hard to know what's going on at any given time, and which step of the beat you're on should be displayed much more prominently within the game.
I had a hard time understanding the iOS app even after having 50+ games of the board version under my belt.
This game deserves so much better than this, it doesn't do it justice in the slightest. Brad if your listening, completely redesign or rerelease this after you are done with devastation!
I heard about the card game of this from my older cousin, who's beta testing the new version. We played a bit, and I enjoyed it. So, I got the app. It's exactly the same gameplay, which is great. I think the reason some people complain about lack of updates is because the devs are busy making the new version of the card game.
Would be fun but crashes all the time
The game seems to be a fun card game but it constantly crashes and freezes on my iPod. Unless the game is fixed to become more stable it's basically almost unplayable.
Also, not a crash but still annoying, if you go out of the app in arcade mode and come back in it doesn't remember your progress. (Not that I can complete arcade mode because it keeps crashing when I play. But the couple of times I managed to beat the first opponent or two but had to switch apps momentarily and come back to the game I lost all progress.)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 01, 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 375 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Talton
- ©2011, 2012 by D. Brad Talton Jr.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Character Unlock: Regicide Heketch$0.99
- Character Unlock: Hepzibah Culotre$0.99
- Character Unlock: Eligor Larington$1.99
- Character: Rukyuk Amberdeen$0.99
- Character Unlock: Kehrolyn Ross$0.99
- Character Unlock: Marmelee$1.99
- Character Unlock: Demitras Denigrande$0.99
- Character Unlock: Magdelina Larington$0.99
- Character Unlock: Shekhtur Lenmorre$1.99
- Character Unlock: Vanaah$0.99