Police Scanner+ Free
By Rego Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to the largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations. That's over 40,000 stations available for free.
Get the original police scanner app that has everyone hooked - as seen on "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.
- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
- BONUS FLASHLIGHT: The app can toggle the light on the back of your device if it has one
What's New in Version 4.7
- Updated database
Using it, have suggestions
Does what it's spoda, so five stars, thank you! Hope development continues; here's what I'd like: Since it runs in the background, it needs to time out and does that, but time could be configured by user. Users might be willing to contribute commentary and info, especially regarding codes, about their local feeds; consider making that possible. UI works great but artistically a little quirky, consider some user choices. Success will be driven by ad support, not sure the pay version is the key.
This app is actually pretty awesome but it was even more awesome when I was able to listen to what was going on in my city which is Las Vegas, NV. Sure wish you guys could get LVMPD back on, it would be great if you could:)
Better than local news!!!
Great for hearing what's going on as it happens. There's some minor bugs with the app - occasionally shutting off on its own, some stations that are listed won't always work. There's some room for improvement and smoothing out the rough edges...but overall it does what it claims and I use it daily.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Rego Apps, LLC
- © Rego Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.