Imgupr Photo Uploader for Imgur and Reddit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"The Best Third-Party Imgur Client We’ve Come Across" - Oliver Haslam, Redmond Pie
★ Now supports Imgur accounts and iPad! ★
Imgupr is the easiest way to upload photos to Imgur and Reddit from your iPhone and iPad. Use the built-in camera to take new photos, choose from your photo albums, or upload from a URL. Absolutely free and no ads.
Sharing your uploads is easy with Reddit, Twitter, email and embed codes. Imgupr also keeps track of your uploads, so you can share or remove your uploads at any time.
★ 100% free, no ads
★ Full retina support for iPhone and iPad
★ Built-in camera for taking photos
★ Choose photos from any of your photo albums
★ Upload from any web URL
★ Submit directly to Reddit
★ Share your uploads in Twitter and email
★ Get embed codes for all of your uploads
★ Upload history to keep track of your uploads
Note: Posting to reddit is easier if your reddit account has a verified email address. You can add an email address to your reddit account by opening reddit.com and going to Preferences > Password/Email.
If you have any problems or suggestions, contact me at email@example.com, @Appcooler on Twitter, or imgupr on reddit.
The Imgur logo and "IMGUR" are trademarks of Imgur LLC and are used here for informational purposes only. Imgupr is not affiliated with Imgur and has not been reviewed or approved by Imgur.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
Incredible iOS6 compatibility.
Amazing support for the iPhone 5.
Hyperbole fixes for crashes.
Does what it claims to do.
This app is PAINFULLY slow to upload. For example (and this is, indeed, exemplary of this app), it took 20+ minutes to upload a screenshot of my phone (so, not a very big picture at all). Out of curiosity, I used the AlienBlue app to upload the same picture, and it did it in literally 5 seconds on the same connection. I'm not sure what it was doing during the 20 minutes, but it must not have been anything productive.
Other than that, it's a no-BS uploader that works. No complaints other than the speed.
Works great, could use improvement
Thanks, app works as advertised. Gets the job done!
Here are the only things that that frustrate me about the app, but not enough to take a full star off:
1. When choosing a photo from my library, the preview window does not let me go directly back to my list of pics. If I choose the wrong photo or a pic I don't like once I see it bigger (like when choosing between the HDR pic v. nonHDR) hitting the back button makes you start your search all over again. It would be nice if the preview window would let me go back to exactly where I was before I tapped on a photo.
2. The status bar when uploading a photo is cooler looking than I expected. I just wish it was able to show the percentage till completion.
It works but could be improved
For an iPad app, the imgur app works extremely well. It's fluid, easy to use, doesn't crash, and is quite reliable.
However, there are 2 issues I have, one minor and the other one major:
1. This might be minor, but when I upload a photo, there is no percent or progress bar. I like the uploading animation, but it's not informative.
2. My major issue is that it degrades my photos, badly. Now, stuff I just normally upload are fine. However, whenever I edit a photo in a different app (Art Studio) and then I save it to camera roll and then upload it, the quality degrades very noticeably. I download very high-res things, edit them, and when I upload them they turn fuzzy and grainy. I've tried using different apps, and I've reached the conclusion it's imgur itself that's doing this. Please fix this.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 09, 2012
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: STARTCOM, LLC
- © 2012 Startcom, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.