Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Number#1 Strategy game in 42 stores. For 24/7 tech support and updates visit www.slitherine.com/forum
* PocketTactics – 5 out of 5 - “In price, content, and execution, Battle Academy is a proud game from another time. And worth every penny.”
* DigitallyDownloaded.net – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Really, when you buy this game, you’re buying into the excellent, competitive, online environment, and it looks like a healthy community at this stage.”
* NoHighScores – “…you’d be hard pressed to find a richer, more satisfying turn-based wargame on the platform.”
* TouchGen – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Battle Academy is a welcoming but challenging experience.”
* StrategyPrime – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Probably one of the finest strategy games you can find on the iPad just about now, and definitely a must-have.”
* FortressAT – “Battle Academy is…a real game, a proper game…”
* Esquire - “…this is the best game we’ve played yet on the iPad.”
* Plughead.net – 82% - “A proper wargame! On the iPad!”
* PCDome.hu – “…the ideal tactical casual wargame for iPad.”
* SlideToPlay – 3 out of 4 - “…for those of you who are willing to take the challenge, you’ll encounter a highly engaging, absorbing and lengthy experience the likes of which has rarely been seen on iOS.”
* BoardGameGeek – 3 of 4 Stars - “Hands down this is the most impressive war game yet on the platform.”
Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.
The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behaviour, powering expertly crafted battles.
The revolutionary server-based PBEM++ Slitherine system completes the package, for a gaming experience that will certainly please both hard core wargamers and newcomers. This revolutionary system allows iPad, Mac and PC players to play against each other, and even allows you to play 1 turn on your PC at home, continue the same game on the iPad on the train to work and play a turn at work on your Mac, all without you having to do a thing - the server handles it all!
Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles or take control of Italian and German forces in multiplayer.
Select from a vast array of equipment including 100 units from 6 nations - Shermans, Fireflys, Panthers, Tigers, Stukas, Hurricanes, P47s and much more!
Gameplay features include ambushes, line of sight, artillery barrages, airstrikes, scouts, morale, APCs, flame throwers, heavy bombers, snipers and suppression.
Your units gain experience as they fight. Get promoted to Veteran and Elite status and gain new skills.
Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s revolutionary multiplayer server that’s linked into an online ranking system.
What's New in Version 2.50
++ New Fortress Metz Campaign! New units, objects, and tiles from the Fortress Metz campaign available as IAP
+ Rule change - Armour with morale from 1-50 gets one reaction shot at reduced effect. Armour with 0 morale or less does not react to anyone.
+ Performance - memory optimizations improve performance and stability
+ Performance - improvements to multiplayer stability
+ AI - improved how the AI decides when to assault.
+ Fix - AI did not receive penalties for unloading, now fixed.
+ Fix - other minor bug fixes
This is a fantastic strategy game. Great balance, graphics, challenge and fun. The sticker price may shock some, but it's really worth it. This is a full game with lots to add on, if you want to.
Any strategy fan or ww2 history fans should find this to be an engrossing and entertaining good time. It can be a bit of a battery hog, but that's the only problem.
one of the best strategic games around I would highly recommend buying this if you are into strategic games. It would be Awesome if it included eastern front battles and pacific campaign battles. But all in all 5 out of 5
Amazing turn based strategy game. If you are remotely into war games, this is an excellent choice. Easy for beginners to learn
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 27, 2013
- Version: 2.50
- Size: 264 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © 2012 Slitherine Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Market Garden$9.99
- Blitzkrieg France$9.99
- Operation Sealion$9.99
- Operation Husky$9.99
- Rommel in Normandy$9.99
- Fortress Metz$9.99