My Writing Desk - The Perfect Document Writer & Text Editor with Google Docs™ Sync
By Wombat Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aspiring novelist, poet, journalist, short story writer, or just a hobbyist writer? My Writing Desk for iPad is your space to express yourself in a clean, distraction-free environment.
"The efficiency of this app means you can focus on the task in hand. It's a wonderful offering."
Use this beautifully designed workspace to craft your masterpiece. We've added numerous features to make writing a joy on your iPad, including:
- A minimalist, distraction-free writing space.
- Enhanced keyboard with easy character and word positioning, tabbing, and more.
- Character and word counts (great for NaNoWriMo!).
- Unlimited reorderable folders in which to save documents.
- Fast full text search.
- Sort documents by name or date modified.
- Light and dark writing modes.
- Automatic spellcheck.
- Lots of gorgeous fonts in various sizes.
- Export via email, or to a printable PDF file.
- Print via AirPrint.
- Open in iBooks, Evernote, Dropbox, and others (if those apps are installed).
- Two-way sync with Google Docs™! Just log into your account in the app, and you can backup your documents to the cloud. If you make changes in your web browser, you can pull those back into the app by syncing again.
This is the perfect app for anyone who is or wants to be a writer. Take advantage of the distinct beauty and portability of the iPad -- what better on-the-go writing tool could exist?
With the cloud sync feature, you can edit your documents on your computer's web browser and have the changes appear in the app. That way, you'll never miss an opportunity to write another paragraph or jot down another idea.
Get started today on your next writing endeavor. Clear out the clutter, focus, and let loose your creativity with My Writing Desk for iPad!
What's New in Version 1.2.5
Performance and stability updates.
Well I've been using Quick Office for my writing but have found that it becomes comber some and sluggish when the document becomes lengthy. So I checked the App Store for something better and found My Writing Desk. I really like how it kinda turns your document into a kindle like page with dictionary at your finger tip, literally. There's also auto correct and much more. It's slick and easy and doesn't bog down with document size. Good work! The only down side is the price point for only offering a writing tool.
An Author's Dream App!
This is the only app I use for all of my writing, including my book. Being a writer, I need a writing tool that is easy, simple, and organized, yet very powerful in everything an author would ever need. And this app fits all of the above like a glove! The only thing that would have made this app better is if you could add a picture for your front cover, and had pages. But other then that they thought of everything!
So far, so good
So far, I'm liking it. It's pretty basic, and easy. Needs more fonts considering the price paid, won't close when I finger swipe on my ipad4. I have to push the home screen button to exit. I think it's been mentioned but I'll reiterate, I can't delete documents. Other than that, it's great for beginner writers, or just taking notes, journal entries, etc.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 20, 2013
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Wombat Apps LLC
- © Wombat Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.