By Masala Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Word Mess is a game about finding words in beautifully designed word clouds. It improves your visual scanning abilities and vocabulary through engaging and fun gameplay!
* #1 word game on iPad! (September 2014) *
* Featured by Apple as a "Staff Favorite" *
* Featured as a Back-To-School app by USAToday *
* Featured by Mac|Life, GeekSugar, ParentsCanada and many others! *
Word Mess is great for kids in middle school as it boosts spelling, word recognition and general knowledge. It is also being used in special education programs and by occupational therapists.
Word Mess has four different modes.
Find Mode - simple word finding, boosts visual scanning
Rhymes - find words that rhyme together. Great for little kids
Categories - boost your general knowledge with endless combinations of hundreds of categories!
Bonus Round - Odd one out. Our personal favorite!
Challenge your friends from any level. Share your scores and screenshots!
What's New in Version 2.0
* Tons of amazing new stuff! *
- Now you can play Word Mess with your friends!
- Major new feature: Game Center Challenges!
- Send challenges with custom messages to your friends
- Manage your challenges from the new main menu
- Add new friends from within the game
- Share screenshots from within the game
- New convenience feature "Tickets" to retry a level
- Play your own music while playing Word Mess
- Screen rotation is fixed
- Updated for iPhone5 and retina displays
- Fixed typos in the word database
- optimized app size and performance
I am addicted. My favorite is categories. I must say that if I played much with rhyming, I wouldn't be so happy...words are not always matched correctly, even when taking various dialects of English into consideration (both American regional and across countries). However, categories is very appealing, and if you're not careful, you'll lose half a day without even knowing it!
The premise of this game is relaxing and fun to play. However the puzzles are extremely limited in number. The same puzzles are recycled again and again.
Hoping I could increase the number I tried buying tickets. I made a $10 purchase at the maestro level. I ended up spending $30 because of the ambiguous questions asked at time of purchase.
It is difficult to believe that the wording of the question is unintentional. The problem could be fixed with the addition of one word.
I loved this game until I played it last night and the theme was English writers. Wasn't happy that plastered all over the screen among great writers all listed with their full name was the name "Obama". No first and middle name or initial like everyone else, just Obama all over the screen. I play the word games to escape the news, not to have that name glaring at me in what was a fun game. Will be deleting this app after posting my review. Shame on you!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 13, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Masala Games Private Limited
- © 2012 Masala Games Private Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Newbie Pack$1.99
- Prodigy Pack$4.99
- Addict Pack$9.99
- Maestro Pack$7.99