Whisper - Share, Express, Meet
By WhisperText LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anonymous secret-sharing and messaging for free!
See secrets posted by people near you or from your school!
Whisper, the first anonymous social network, is the best place for people to express themselves, connect with like-minded individuals, and discover the unseen world around them. Whisper allows you to anonymously share your thoughts, stories, and feelings with the world and form meaningful relationships in a community built on trust and honesty. If you have ever had something too intimate to share on traditional social networks, simply share it on Whisper!
• See secrets anonymously posted by people near you
• Add your school to see secrets posted by your classmates
• Create and publish your whispers to a realtime stream for instant social interaction
• Connect with others with FREE private messaging
• Respond to other Whispers with your own anonymous Whispers
• Discover Whispers from around the world
• Browse Whispers on topics that interest you most
• Oh, and it’s 100% free!
What's New in Version 4.6.0
Introducing the new Whisper messenger!
• We redesigned the entire messenger from the inside-out, so chatting on Whisper is faster and sleeker than ever.
• You can now start new chats directly from the inbox! Whisper provides recommendations for new conversations, tailored to your gender and interests
• Many, many other bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Whisper, please leave us a kind review here in the App Store :)
Loved it, but..
So, I had this app for several months-even made two great friends but then I had started talking to this guy and I just thought he was amazing-just was so sweet and so caring..but..then he had "died." I went through such an emotional roller coaster because of this guy and his friend. Yes, it's my own stupidity for telling him my IG and my number but I was just blinded by all the sweet words that were said. Basically-he didn't die. The pics that were sent were fake. He wasn't 24 (actually late 30s). He stalked my IG to learn things about me and tried to manipulate me. This was a course of not even a week when all this happened. I've deleted the app because it reminded me too much of "him" and I'm scared that I may be cat-fished again or worse. So, BEWARE of people on there-do NOT give out any personal information! This experience has been the worst. Please-please be careful. I can't stress that enough. But, overall the app was great (besides the pervs). Just be extremely cautious, please you guys.
Newest Update Cripples App
While the messaging system that was part of Whisper was somewhat rudimentary, it was a very solid system with few flaws overall. Since the most recent update, my phone has shut down the app about once every 20 minutes when it freezes, and even if the app doesn't crash the entire app freezes for several seconds whenever a new message comes in, making it nearly impossible to look through whispers or do anything at all while trying to carry on a conversation with someone. The old system worked far better in comparison.
I've had this app for almost two years and am well known on here. Going by "mixed baby", I share many thoughts I have and socialize with a lot of people. Although I love the DM feature, it needs to be improved on the current version. I become very frustrated when I'm flooded with about 50 messages at once and the app is lagging, leading me to just not respond to people's nice messages. Please fix this soon, thanks!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: WhisperText LLC.
- © WhisperText LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.