By Megan Holstein
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Helen Wagner, caregiver: Social Stories is a life-saver for teachers and parents working with special needs kids.
• Michelle H, caregiver: I found "Social Stories" a very easy app to navigate and get around.
• Bethany Thompson, special ed. teacher: I would recommend this app to the parents of my students.
• iHelpSNKids: a "fun and exciting app."
• Consonantlyspeaking.com: "There are lots of applications on the market that are great for creating social stories - Social Stories is one of these applications."
**Social Stories (TM) are trademarked by Carol Gray and the Gray center. Read more at http://www.thegraycenter.org/component/content/article/79**
Social Stories is an ABA app designed to help special needs children and young adults understand social situations and give them tools to respond correctly to their environment, in their environment. Social Stories is designed to be easy to use and easy to understand.
Social Stories is an app for teaching children or young adults with learning challenges or special needs. A photo is paired with a line of text & audio to show the child, to help visualize what they need to do or understand on each page. To create one of these stories, tap the add button in the upper right hand corner and create a new story. Stories can be one or multiple pages.
• Customizable Text, Audio, & Pictures
• Multi-Page stories
• Clearly labeled page arrows
• Easy-to-Use edit screen
• 11 stock photos
The picture and text is designed to give each child a visual representation of good behavior, for kids who find it easier to communicate through visuals then through speech.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Minor bug fixes
Social Stories Megan Holstein
App is glitchy. It didn't save my photos/work except the last page. When I attempted a save by page (1 page at a time, it froze.
It seemed to save audio for one time through. After app froze, all my data was gone (still showed that I had story titles, but no info within). I like social stories, I use them for my work with kids withDD, and MH.
I demand my money back. I pay $4.00 for a blank screen. I have gotten better apps for free.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Megan Holstein
- © 2013 Pufferfish Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.