Peepometer - a Retro Weather App by swackett
By AGLogic, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A classic, hand-crafted weather observation app created by swackett (as seen on NBC's TODAY Show).
Peepometer 1000 is an elegant weather observation instrument with a retro, 1950's-era feel. Replicating the look and feel of a mechanical device in every detail, Peepometer's vintage gauges and dials are faithfully reproduced in stunning high resolution. Special attention is paid to mechanical functionality — with the gauge needles even responding to subtle bumps and inertia (on iPad 2 and newer devices).
And of course, Peepometer is designed specifically for retina display in the new iPad. Peepometer 1000 will transport you back to time when meteorologists, the aviation industry, and weather enthusiasts around the world used mechanical gauges and dials to observe weather conditions. This app is a must-have for any weather enthusiast.
Peepometer 1000 includes eight standard scopes, gauges and dials:
• Peep Scope
• Temperature Gauge
• Wind Speed and Direction Gauge
• Imagery Scope (including animated radar loops where available)
A true swackett app
Brought to you by the design team behind swackett, Peepometer 1000 also features the famous swackett peeps — who always appear dressed appropriately for the weather. swackett user accounts are fully supported: including your custom locations, temperature and language preferences, and your purchased swackett editions. Naturally, Peepometer 1000 sports its very own brand of swackett Easter Eggs.
Peepometer 1000 displays detailed weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million locations worldwide.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings (available currently only in the US, but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
Transport yourself back to the early days of modern meteorology: download Peepometer 1000 today!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Added full support for hourly forecasts.
• Fixed a bug that would cause the display to sleep during periods of inactivity when the iPad is connected to a power source but fully charged.
• General performance enhancements.
Well crafted app.
I bought peepometer when it first came out and I am glad I did.
It is well crafted and really looks and works great on the iPad.
It is beautiful to look at, very retro, and with my leather case it looks almost steampunk.
I highly recommend this app, and I wish other developers put this much thought and effort into their apps, it is a real pleasure to use and makes your iPad look like a weather station instead of just screens of data.
Retro, loads of accurate weather info, stunningly beautiful weather app. I love the radar and the fact that you can plug in any city in the U.S. and ring up accurate weather info for that city. I have many weather apps and this one just maybe my favorite. Very user friendly. Developers, wonderful job. God bless.
I think I've tried them all, and this is the best!
As much as it is cute, the information is accurate and very complete. Easy to read and clean. If you want moving pictures of clouds in the background, this is not the app for you. But if you want an enjoyable accurate weather app, this is it!