Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Amazon Music that includes Prime Music.
Prime members enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs, expert-programmed Prime Playlists, and ad-free Prime Stations for FREE. Listen anytime, add to your collection or download to play offline.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Start an ad-free station by a genre or an artist and enjoy unlimited skips. The more you listen, the more personalized your stations get.
• Find playlists by genre, artist or the top 50s programmed by music experts. We've done the work for you so you don't have to.
• Discover something new with song and album recommendations personalized just for you.
• Search or Browse through the Prime Music catalog.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs or Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.com/musiclibrary on your PC or Mac. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix with Prime Music songs to make the playlist of your dreams!
Visit us at:
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Playback interruption affecting iPhone 4/4s devices fixed
- Additional bug fixes
- Introducing ad-free Prime Stations with unlimited skips
- Personalized recommendations on Prime songs, albums, and playlists
- New design for easier browsing of Prime Music and your library
- Simplified navigation and faster performance
I just recently downloaded the app but I already find myself using it more than my iTunes playlist and Pandora. Very easy to navigate and I don't have any buffering issues. The only thing that I would like to see added; a way to "save" the songs that you like (wish list). I like to keep track of the songs I want to purchase so I can buy ten or so at a time rather than one at a time. If I don't have a list, I draw a blank when it comes time to purchase lol. Also, this makes my Prime membership, that I already love, even better!!
UI Improved, But Buggy
The UI is much improved and makes it much easier to get to switch between artist/album/song/playlist views.
However, seeing a major bug where not every song in my locally stored music collection is showing up. Random tracks missing in certain albums for no apparent reason, but are present in the default iOS music app.
This needs to be fixed before I'll re-download and use as my primary music player.
Ok but playlist won't play through songs
The app is fine and ok to navigate through. But I made some playlists. Hoping to press play on the list or shuffle and just listen to the list as it ran…no such luck. Only plays the same song over and over and you have to manually advance the songs. Even though I already have Prime I may still pay for a different service that works.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.