By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’re changing the way you find and play the music you love
• Listen to tens of millions of songs with weekly new releases
• Explore curated playlists and stations, always ad-free and with unlimited skips
• Access your favorites with offline listening
• Listen free with a Prime membership or get more with Amazon Music Unlimited
More ways to listen:
Amazon Music Unlimited
• Choose from tens of millions of songs, thousands of curated playlists and stations, and get personalized recommendations
• Stream weekly new releases from today’s most popular artists
• Download your favorite albums, songs, and playlists to your mobile device for offline listening. Your music is available anytime, anywhere
• Exclusive Prime member pricing
Music Included with Prime
• Enjoy a curated catalog of two million songs, playlists, and stations
• Always ad-free and included with your Prime membership
• Listen to music you’ve purchased from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs/Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud with our desktop app and listen anywhere using our mobile and tablet apps. Download our apps at: https://www.amazon.com/musicapps
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix with Amazon Music Unlimited, or Prime Music songs to make your perfect playlist.
Visit us at:
What's New in Version 6.4.0
- Enjoy Amazon Music in your car with Apple CarPlay
- Improved reliability for offline recommendation downloads
Perfect for how I use it
I love having access to more music than I would store on my phone. I listen to jazz through my stereo speakers, and have been introduced to many musicians that I didn't know about. When I am baking, I like to listen to energetic pop music, and when exercising, I like the playlist and the station for that also. I can find music for any mood. It serves its purpose well, for what I am looking for it to do. I appreciate that it is included in my prime membership, so I don't have to pay another fee every month.
If you want the newest 'it' singer, you probably won't find him or her here. That's ok. You can pay extra to get that through numerous services. However, there are a lot of wonderful musicians offered with this subscription that can fit whatever type of music you want to hear. For the price, this serves a wonderful purpose.
Very hard to navigate, will play songs then tell you you don't have access to them
I initially loved this app. Now I'm upset that it'll play songs such as "rest your head" by Mint Royale, but if you search to like that song so it'll play more like it, it'll tell you that you don't have access to the song and you can't play it (?!). You can't find what song you're listening to unless you never move on from pressing play on a station. If you move on from there, good luck getting back to it to like a song!
For browsing it's good, but not for knowing, liking or disliking what you're actually listing to: it needs huge improvements.
I've been so frustrated with its poor navigation. As long as you treat it like a radio and just enjoy what comes up next, without input on your likes, it's great. But it's an app that should allow more navigation and user input.
Last year I would have rated this app 2 or 3 stars, but improvements to the interface have finally made finding my personal playlists less confusing, and moving songs to playlists less difficult for those of us with lots of playlists. The sorting features have improved, as well, but...
I would love to see even more improvement to sorting: alphabetically, by added on date, by song length—basically all the columns. The biggest improvement would be something that's not even easy to get in iTunes: lists of songs not in personal playlists, and the ability to see which playlists a song is already in for all songs added through Prime and owned. This would be my holy grail.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 6.4.0
- Size: 95.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.