By Propellerhead Software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make music in minutes. Share and remix with friends, or with the world.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Best of 2012
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use and Cheap" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
"Brings Out The Unknown Composer Within" - Cult of Mac
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Share your creations on Propellerhead, the free music collaboration and sharing service, and see where other music makers will take your ideas. Figure will have you making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• Remix other Figure users’ music from Discover
• Share your music on Propellerhead and let other remix or develop in other apps
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
• The sound of Reason on your phone!
Truly designed for mobile user on the go, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synth, controlled by an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Use the arpeggiator to create melody lines from chords
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Adjust levels using Propellerhead’s legendary mixer
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• Share music on Propellerhead
• SoundCloud Sharing
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iPhone 4, iPad 2 or higher. iOS 8 or higher.
** AudioCopy by Retronyms
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Workflow improvements and bug fixes
Still Lovin It!¡!¡!¡!¡
I bought this app way back and I still use it to this day! It's so fun to play with and its simplicity is amazing. Unfortunately when I tried to upload one of my songs to Soundcloud, it logged me out and wouldn't let me sign back in :( And my first song I ever made on Figure mysteriously disappeared from the Library. It's all good though, I really enjoy this app! I love the discover website so you can "discover" others making songs and others can "discover" your songs as well! Can't wait for the new instruments! I really want some "real" instruments like a Grand Piano or a Guitar or different Bass Guitars!! The only things I want more from this app is longer measures and probably being able to play chords by pressing 2 notes or more at once instead of only being able to press one at a time. But wait, there's more!! What if there was like a special effect section that could alter the lead, bass, and drums to make the sounds sound even better?!?! That would be AMAZING!! Nah, forget I said that. Wait... Yea!! And the section would be a purple-ish color!! Yea!¡!¡ Anyway back to what I was saying, I still love this app and it will always be one of my favs of all time!
New Review: The first thing I noticed was the lack of options that are now given when using Audiocopy. This isn't an improvement. Bring back the options. Right now the weakest part of this app is the exporting of files, it seems that this whole Discover thing is pushed pretty heavily but simple file exporting is becoming ever more difficult or tedious.
Old Review: By far the best music making app I've ever come across. Its easy, fast and efficient. The only improvements to be made are rather minor. First a longer recording session, sometimes 8 bars isn't enough for extensive variation. Next would of course be more voices for the bass and leas synth and more kits for the drums. Another improvement would be a fourth misc. track to add whatever we want like more synths, percussions, strings, brass and maybe some other oddities. Also an option to export in mp3 would be nice, very minor but nice. I was surprised at the ease of export, making it mp3 would just get rid of the step of converting it. And this is purely cosmetic, but the app icon could look better. That said no app is ever perfect but this in my opinion is certainly one of the best.
Simply top notch music app design.
A music app with an interface well designed for touch input. Great instruments. What seems like a limited toolset for making complete songs rather than single loops expands greatly when approached as a tool for live mixing. Coupled with audio bus, this app becomes a fantastic, fast, and creative music production tool. The only thing I would add is a global LFO effect on the mixer.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Propellerhead Software AB
- © 2015 Propellerhead Software AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.