Reading Rainbow Skybrary Family
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spark a lifelong love of learning in your young reader with Skybrary Family. Join everybody’s favorite storyteller, LeVar Burton, on a fun and fantastical journey through an ever expanding world and interactive library of digital books and video field trips. Download it today and try it FREE!
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 500 quality children’s books
• Discover 200+ educational Video Field Trips with LeVar Burton
• Never stop reading and learning, with new content added every week
• Unlock interactive animations that bring the stories to life
• Find tailored book recommendations based on your child's age and interests
• Create customized profiles for up to 3 children at no additional cost
• Choose “Read to Me” or “Read by Myself” for each book
• Encourage further reading with fun and motivational digital rewards
• Track your reader’s progress with a Parent Dashboard
The Skybrary platform picks up where the beloved children’s television series, Reading Rainbow®, left off bringing its mission of comprehension and intellectual engagement into the Digital Age. By infusing digital books with purposeful interactivity, engaging narration by master storytellers, and paired with delightful videos hosted by LeVar Burton, Skybrary captures the magic of the original show while helping children find relevance and understand context in their reading.
For children, Skybrary is an immersive world of reading discovery, where they can pilot their own personal hot air balloons through 7 magical islands, each home to hundreds of quality books and videos that celebrate diversity, family and world around us. Young readers are free to explore the topics they love most as well as discover new areas of interest.
WHAT MAKES SKYBRARY FAMILY BY READING RAINBOW SO SPECIAL?
• Supports increased reading frequency and literacy development
• Enhances a child’s relationship to reading by making it fun, interesting, and relevant
• Embodies the educational values of the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series Reading Rainbow
• Designed to engage young minds within the context of a modern family’s busy lifestyle
• Provides healthy, interactive, educational screen time
HOW THE SKYBRARY FAMILY APP WORKS:
• Register for free, then select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $9.99, 6 Months “Voyager” for $29.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $49.99 (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads and across the web on any browser.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
Note: This app gives users the ability to take a private profile picture, which is stored locally on the user's device. This picture is never seen or stored by Reading Rainbow, nor is it shared with any unaffiliated third party companies.
Reading Rainbow ® WNED-Buffalo. Skybrary ® RRKIDZ Inc.
Skybrary Family © RRKIDZ Inc. / All Rights Reserved
What's New in Version 1.10.8
What you'll find in version 1.10.8
• Access where you want to be - Your iPad subscription now unlocks access to Skybrary Family on any web browser
• Exactly the same, but better - Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Don't log out after you sign in
I originally enjoyed this app because my kids are readers and they love the app.
Recently, I did a full system reset to my Ipad and downloaded the app again and have been attempting to sign in since. It's been going 3 weeks!!! I contacted their customer service who implied I forgot my password among other things. I signed up through Itunes, so that was not even a remote possibility since I am able to still sign into Itunes without any issues.
The last contact from them was send them screen shots of the messages I am getting when I try to sign in. I did this which they said they would forward to the tech support who would contact me. I AM STILL WAITING!!!
If I could sign back into the App then it would be perfect I believe the content is good even though what you can do with the books is limited compared to other Apps with books.
I have paid for the full year and now do not have access!!!
WHAT DO I DO???
My money is now going to waste because I cannot access the app anymore.
If someone in reading rainbow Tech Team could see this review and make contact AND RESOLVE the issue then I would be grateful, as my kids would again have access to the many books on the app
Can't log in
Really frustrated. Can't log in and I've tried changing my password multiple times. I've never had an issue before, but somehow we were signed out. Had the app for over 6 months. Something is faulty with the new app update.
Do not purchase
This app does not work. You are charged monthly. I have made several attempts to request my subscription be cancelled and have gotten no response - why pay for something that does not work??