By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TRY IT FREE and start reading today! Hosted by LeVar Burton, the reimagined Reading Rainbow App includes an unlimited library of books and video field trips to encourage your child’s love of reading.
• Curated digital library of over 400 fiction and non-fiction books
• More than 100 exclusive educational video field trips with host LeVar Burton
• New books and videos added every week
• Recommendations based on your child's age and interests
• Two modes of reading: Read to Me or Read by Myself
• Fun interactive animations in every book
• Games and rewards to motivate reading
• One subscription works for up to 5 children
• Sync reader profiles across multiple devices/platforms
• Spark family conversations as you track your child’s progress with the NEW Parent Dashboard
Children ages 3-9 explore worlds of reading to discover storybooks and learn about such topics as animals, friends, family, science, space, music, and more. Each book comes alive as children read-along with audio storytelling by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of actors. Plus, over 100 exclusive video field trips take children on adventures to visit fascinating people and places. Introduce your child to the fun of reading with Reading Rainbow – download it FREE.
WHY READING RAINBOW:
• The #1 Educational App that inspired the Kickstarter campaign to “Bring Reading Rainbow Back to Every Child, Everywhere”
• Over 20 million books read & video field trips enjoyed by children
• 5-star award-winning learning App recognized by Common Sense Media, Mom’s Choice, Dr. Toy and more
• Based on the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series
HOW THE READING RAINBOW APP WORKS:
• Free to try, select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $9.99, 6 Months “Voyager” for $29.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $49.99 (all subscriptions are reoccurring).
• Customized profiles for up to 5 children in a family, at no additional cost.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children's literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
What's New in Version 1.10.3
Thanks for your continued feedback! Here’s what’s new in our latest update:
• Stability enhancements and bug fixes
• Improved overall performance
Children have the choice between reading the story themselves or having it read to them which makes it great for older children as well as the younger ones. The only reason I gave this app 4 stars instead of 5 is because the text is not hightlighted as it is read. I think from an educational stand point highlighting the text would draw more attention to the text so children could see and hear the words simultaneously.
Fantastic Breadth, Neat Graphics
My kids (and me too) really enjoy this app. I have young kids, but at very different reading ages, and not only does this app offer books that are skill-level appropriate for both, but also the titles are across a wide range of topics. Music, history, biography, fantasy, adventure, science, all kinds of stuff. Really cool app.
Wish I could find books by age
Reading Rainbow is truly amazing and I use it often as a teaching tool in my Educational Therapy practice. However, I would use it MUCH more if I could quickly find books by age. I'd also like to see books for children under the age of 6. These issues are problematic for me, but I still give it 4 stars.